Your opinions on who make good replacement carpets for our C bodys?

That's fine but wouldn't it be better to do it without having to give anything up? The merging of electronics and the internet will no doubt mean that easily in 10 years most people won't know what the word "privacy" once meant. It will also mean that someone, somewhere is going to know exactly where you are every minute of the day and soon after that what you did every prior minute of your life. Isn't life grand? I much prefer my privacy which I alone control access to.
Once upon a time this thread was about carpeting, but it seems to have...EVOLVED into something else. :yes_no:Lol.

That is affectionately known around these parts as SNAFU.

Off topic:
These threads always get back on track if and when needed. If it doesn't, it wasn't destined to go any farther anyway. So, nothing to get upset about.
Not to be confused with hijacking. Too many times the two are confused.
Sorry for the hijack.
No, not really. The carpet thing has run its course. If there's anything more to add, somebody will do it.

See how it works?

Once upon a time this thread was about carpeting, but it seems to have...EVOLVED into something else. :yes_no:Lol.

As if I derailed it all by myself in the beginning. I'm relatively new here so one learns to go with the flow and there is a lot of that...

Is the Avenger a static display now or does it get flown occasionally?

Is the Avenger a static display now or does it get flown occasionally?

Was last started in 1998 and ran rough. The carb needs servicing. However, since the plane is stored on the hanger deck of the USS Hornet there is no way it is ever going to fly again. The admin also will not let me start run the plane on the flight deck. Worried about fire. So it will be static for the foreseeable future although it has only 1600 hours on the airframe and just over 100 hours on the engine. There is a flying one for sale right now with the lowest hours of a flying plane at 2000 hours on the airframe. The cost is $325,000.

I found parts via word of mouth and the warbird network. Also Ebay was very useful in the early years.

Was last started in 1998 and ran rough. The carb needs servicing. However, since the plane is stored on the hanger deck of the USS Hornet there is no way it is ever going to fly again. The admin also will not let me start run the plane on the flight deck. Worried about fire. So it will be static for the foreseeable future although it has only 1600 hours on the airframe and just over 100 hours on the engine. There is a flying one for sale right now with the lowest hours of a flying plane at 2000 hours on the airframe. The cost is $325,000.

I found parts via word of mouth and the warbird network. Also Ebay was very useful in the early years.

Thank You for your service, dedication and passion!!!

images[3].jpg

images[3].jpg

Ya Man!!!!

The gunner **** thread is outstanding.....

I like seeing the M198 putting steel on target. Just the bullet part weighs 85-100 lbs depending on what munition it is....plus a 5 lb fuse and 40 lbs of gun powder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uBjGyt0Ga9Q

On the other hand the M110A2 Howitzer that I'm so endeared to fires a 205 lb projectile, a 5lb fuse, 70 lbs of gun powder and a primer the size of 20 gauge shotgun shell.

Oh, did I say it was nuclear capable too?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._test.ogg/Operation_Upshot_test.ogg.360p.webm

M110A2 Howitzer......same gun tube that fired that nuke in the video.

m-110a2-dvic498.jpg

m-110a2-dvic498.jpg

Back