For Sale 1970 CHRYSLER 300 ALL ORIGINAL 41,000 MILES 440 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
"HP" stamp meant you got the other features (cam, exhaust, springs, etc.) vs the other 440's but otherwise blocks were the same right?
A 70-71 440 TNT (and Ply-Do versions) will be externally-balanced and have the same crankshaft, rods and damper as the 70-71 6-pack engines. So the damper (which would be orange) will show some features visible around the crank pulley. Very few people trying to clone a 70-71HP engine would go to that effort, esp as this damper is specific, and differs from other ext-bal engines.

I do not know if the 70 Fury GT engine follows that rule, I suspect not because it's an E85 T-code and not 375hp. 71 Fury should, as it is E86 and the same 370hp rating as the B & E musclecars.

I saw this one almost a week ago, and thought it might well need a new roof skin after looking at the bubbles under the vinyl. Not that it isn't still worth it if it all checks out, but keep this in mind as a possible issue and request more detailed photos of it before plunking down the money perhaps. Too bad it doesn't have buckets.

Oh crap, here we go again!:rofl:
For folks that don't understand that, see this thread:
For Sale - 1970 CHRYSLER THREE HUNDRED 2 DOOR HARDTOP

I agree, it's a nice car without the TNT and I think it is "without" the TNT. Orange intake manifold, blue valve covers, single snorkel, somethings rotten in Denmark. Pity the seller wasn't more careful, drawing suspicion to the car won't help sell it. An explanation of the discrepancies would be very helpful. It does seem to have 26" radiator.
IMO the seller doesn't know it's not a TNT, I've seen lots of cars on ebay mis-named due to a pietin, and he has that on his license plates too. 26" radiator is due to the AC, I believe.

And who posts a picture to show the lights working and doesn't notice 1 is in-op?:realcrazy:
upload_2016-9-15_0-38-47.png

A 70-71 440 TNT (and Ply-Do versions) will be externally-balanced and have the same crankshaft, rods and damper as the 70-71 6-pack engines. So the damper (which would be orange) will show some features visible around the crank pulley. Very few people trying to clone a 70-71HP engine would go to that effort, esp as this damper is specific, and differs from other ext-bal engines.

I do not know if the 70 Fury GT engine follows that rule, I suspect not because it's an E85 T-code and not 375hp. 71 Fury should, as it is E86 and the same 370hp rating as the B & E musclecars.

Oh crap, here we go again!:rofl:
For folks that don't understand that, see this thread:
For Sale - 1970 CHRYSLER THREE HUNDRED 2 DOOR HARDTOP

IMO the seller doesn't know it's not a TNT, I've seen lots of cars on ebay mis-named due to a pietin, and he has that on his license plates too. 26" radiator is due to the AC, I believe.

And who posts a picture to show the lights working and doesn't notice 1 is in-op?:realcrazy:
View attachment 93224
yeah, when i spoke to him he admitted he was no "Mopar expert" I'm guessing that he got this on a trade from someone else who put the plate on, etc. but don't really know

TNT and sofa.. odd mix, but still.. what a LOVELY car..! :p

This one is the same color as the 70 300, which I sold, and regretted ever since! I am tempted, but I dislike the bench, and the crank windows. It's nearly impossible to reach the rear cranks.. Mine had MODERATE roof-bubbles , and when the vinyl came off, it had CONSIDERABLE rot in both A and C pillars, and even spots scattered around. At some point, the windshield cracked, and it turned out, that it was caused by plain "A-Pillar rot-expansion".. go figure..! I LOVE to own this beauty - TNT or not..! Will follow closely, but location is bad for overseas shipping!

CIMG0712.JPG

300 vin tag.jpeg
300 T Code motor.jpeg
300 interior.jpeg
300 rear window rust hole.jpeg
300 trunk 2.jpeg
300 ps door.jpeg
300 ds rear qtr dent.jpeg
300 underside 1.jpeg
300 underside 2.jpeg
300 trunk lid.jpeg
I put my eyeballs on this car yesterday since it is so close to me, and eventhough I'm not looking for one now I thought I'd share with my fellow C Body brethren, and took some pics for those who may be interested.
The car is a pretty solid car with some minor rust spots, but very little. As for the mileage, I can't say I'd agree that its a 41K car, but may not be a 141K either. Maybe the odometer cable had been disconnected at some point. Not sure on this.
There's a few tears in the front seats, the rear seats carpet and headliner are in good condition.
As for the rust I noted, the rear valance had some, and there was a visible rust hole at the rear window where the vinyl meets the rear trim at the Dutchman's panel. I didn't think it was too far gone from what was visible but the top may be hiding more. There was also some minor rust at the rear of the front drivers side lower front fender.
Electric headlight motor works as does the interior & trunk lights and factory radio. Windows go up & down, but rear quarter windows need some grease/lube.
All indications tell me this is not the motor is not the TNT coded motor as noted in his ad. The vin has it as the T code, blue valve covers and exhaust logs. I could see the stamp on the block, but the motor did run and start well.

l wished they had never repoped these things...their showing up everywhere on everything..irks the crap outa me...
I have one on my Newport. If they would repop a straight 440 pan I would have that on my car. Do you know of one?

By the way, I take that pan off if I'm at a Mopar-specific show. People at an All-make show usually don't care. I'll tell them it's not a TNT if they ask.

View attachment 93236 View attachment 93237 View attachment 93238 View attachment 93239 View attachment 93240 View attachment 93241 View attachment 93242 View attachment 93243 View attachment 93244 View attachment 93245 I put my eyeballs on this car yesterday since it is so close to me, and eventhough I'm not looking for one now I thought I'd share with my fellow C Body brethren, and took some pics for those who may be interested.
The car is a pretty solid car with some minor rust spots, but very little. As for the mileage, I can't say I'd agree that its a 41K car, but may not be a 141K either. Maybe the odometer cable had been disconnected at some point. Not sure on this.
There's a few tears in the front seats, the rear seats carpet and headliner are in good condition.
As for the rust I noted, the rear valance had some, and there was a visible rust hole at the rear window where the vinyl meets the rear trim at the Dutchman's panel. I didn't think it was too far gone from what was visible but the top may be hiding more. There was also some minor rust at the rear of the front drivers side lower front fender.
Electric headlight motor works as does the interior & trunk lights and factory radio. Windows go up & down, but rear quarter windows need some grease/lube.
All indications tell me this is not the motor is not the TNT coded motor as noted in his ad. The vin has it as the T code, blue valve covers and exhaust logs. I could see the stamp on the block, but the motor did run and start well.
Looking at the Fender Tag and those exhaust manifolds in these pics, the car is clearly a standard 440 car. However, the first thing I thought was he is not asking the moon for what seems to be a nice '70 300.

View attachment 93236 View attachment 93237 View attachment 93238 View attachment 93239 View attachment 93240 View attachment 93241 View attachment 93242 View attachment 93243 View attachment 93244 View attachment 93245 I put my eyeballs on this car yesterday since it is so close to me, and eventhough I'm not looking for one now I thought I'd share with my fellow C Body brethren, and took some pics for those who may be interested.

So there were no little bumps in the roof then from what you are saying? It may have just been the resolution of his camera or my computer images making me suspicious.

If they would repop a straight 440 pan I would have that on my car. Do you know of one?

The base 440 did not use a "pie pan", but a sticker. They are available, Osborn offers them.
engine left (Small).JPG

Disregard the dual snorkel. I had one and took the liberty to have it black wrinkle powder coated and used it because of the high "coolness" level.

Wtih that hole at the back window, and a vinyl mat, this is the good part of the trunk floor. What's it look like further forward???

My 70 300 had no big holes like this one, or the blue 70 300 we discussed recently, however there had been enough water seepage to thin-out some of the package tray support pieces, and there was a tiny rusthole working into the trunkjamb area.
300-trunk-2-jpeg.93240

Wtih that hole at the back window, and a vinyl mat, this is the good part of the trunk floor. What's it look like further forward???

My 70 300 had no big holes like this one, or the blue 70 300 we discussed recently, however there had been enough water seepage to thin-out some of the package tray support pieces, and there was a tiny rusthole working into the trunkjamb area.
300-trunk-2-jpeg.93240
I regret I didn't pull that trunk mat out, but I'm sure the rust in the trunk is coming from the small rust hole in the roof

What does one gain by putting a TNT pie pan on a non-TNT engine?
Besides an erection....
Why does one wear the hat of their favorite team if they don't play on that team? I have a Hemi shirt, yet I don't own a Hemi. I have an FDNY hat.... I think you can answer the question yourself.

As for me, I wanted a 440 callout on my air cleaner that was from the same year as my car. As I wrote earlier, I was not able to find a 440, a simple 440, callout so I went with the TNT pie an for 1970.

What does one gain by putting a TNT pie pan on a non-TNT engine?
Besides an erection....

I don't get an errection installing wrong parts like that.
To me it is for people with a small dick who want to delude someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back