For Sale 1970 CHRYSLER 300 ALL ORIGINAL 41,000 MILES 440 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:
What's wrong with this group that the members are thinking of men's body parts when viewing their cars?
point well taken. However, isn't there a connection with some of us? chicks? cars? chicks? cars? what's a guy to do?

No problem here with putting a simple "440-4" call out on the air breather. It begs for something to dress up that spot.

I know we're usually all joking around, but if we're not careful we'll cross that thin line and find out this place somehow became Moparts...:eek:

I know we're usually all joking around, but if we're not careful we'll cross that thin line and find out this place somehow became Moparts...:eek:
That could only happen if the word erection was banned... :p

Personally, I just couldn't put a TNT pie plate on a non-TNT engine.
A 440-4 decal, yes.
Who here would approve of hood scoops on a NYB? lol

This doesn't look right to me but would be an option if you want a pie pan on a non HP 440.

upload_2016-9-17_7-52-53.png

If they would repop a straight 440 pan I would have that on my car. Do you know of one?

The base 440 did not use a "pie pan", but a sticker. They are available, Osborn offers them.View attachment 93246
Disregard the dual snorkel. I had one and took the liberty to have it black wrinkle powder coated and used it because of the high "coolness" level.

engine-left-small-jpg.93246

I've never seen an original air cleaner with a sticker like that. I know they have been available as a cheap option from the repo market for years though.

Are you certain the originals used a sticker like that Will?

I have seen these half circle type on original cars but I can't recall what years

201529518002_1.jpg

I am using this one, I dislike the terrible font and inconsistency of the letter shapes (geez it looks homemade), but I got one cheap at a swap meet. And easy to R&R at a whim.

I like the 1/2-moon sticker much better, but that is 73-up I believe, so not of the era of my 68 (although it would look better).

It's kinda funny how we view things as incorrect, or feel they look bad, on modified cars - simply based on how the original cars would've been configured. But I do it too: I hate to see a rectangular-snorkel aircleaner on a Slab.

upload_2016-9-17_9-11-53.png

Right in this case is opinion based. No one has ever said to me the Magnum tin on my 71 doesn't belong on there nor have they said it looks wrong.
It looks great atop the 440 between the blue fenders .
So, if I had the internals spec'd out as a Magnum OR built to be putting out more than a Magnum engine do I earn the right to keep said pie tin?

I get that sentiment Stan, but the flip side is maybe most of us would then never do anything at all?
Most of us are not self-actuated and super-skilled - we're average!
And as for some of those super-skilled folks - I've seen flaws in their work also.

One helpful phrase I learned in woodworking years ago 'we ain't building a piano here'.

Jazabelle came to us with her original air filter housing in place, and with no sticker or pan. I think only the TNT and Imperials got a call out pan, Parts book shows the call out as "unserviced" and no reference to a sticker.
I used this one because I like how it dressed up the engine compartment and ended the "does it have a 440" questions?

Here is a link to what Osborn has to offer for Mopar air filters.

Product List:

Now I have to tell the story...

There's a local guy that bought a new Challenger in 1970. Really nice car too. Burgundy with a black top.

First, I have to tell you about this guy... He has some super clean, original, low mileage Mopars with this 70 Challenger being the newest. Last I knew, there was at least a dozen cars. Every car is claimed to be some sort of "one of" or super low production. Note the word "claimed".

Back to the Challenger.... It's a 340 car. The pie pan is from a 383 4bbl car though... It was on the car when he bought it brand new. Seems pretty simple. It either got the wrong one at the factory or it got swapped at the dealership or something like that.

Nope... not this guy... To him this had to be some sort of special small block 383 engine. His story has evolved (he even has story boards) that the car was a engineering test car that wasn't supposed to be sold to the public. He honestly believes this and he gets really annoyed when someone calls him on it.

He says he researched and called Chrysler and anyone who would listen back when it was new. Most likely, someone at Chrysler told him this to make him happy and get him off the phone.

This guy works for himself... Never married etc. He had the contract to clean the horse stables at the NY State Fairgrounds.... So yea... He shovels it for a living too.

Jazabelle came to us with her original air filter housing in place, and with no sticker or pan. I think only the TNT and Imperials got a call out pan, Parts book shows the call out as "unserviced" and no reference to a sticker.
I used this one because I like how it dressed up the engine compartment and ended the "does it have a 440" questions?

Here is a link to what Osborn has to offer for Mopar air filters.

Product List:
Cool $6.50 and I'm gonna have a Hemi... with a single snorkel of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back