For Sale 1970 CHRYSLER 300 ALL ORIGINAL 41,000 MILES 440 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
7650_1_sbl.JPG

The ONLY time it matters is if somebody is misrepresenting the car for sale, attempting to boost the price.

Otherwise, if you don't like it, just get on with your life. Or get help. :thumbsup:

Right in this case is opinion based. No one has ever said to me the Magnum tin on my 71 doesn't belong on there nor have they said it looks wrong.
It looks great atop the 440 between the blue fenders .
So, if I had the internals spec'd out as a Magnum OR built to be putting out more than a Magnum engine do I earn the right to keep said pie tin?

come on Dave.
You can do what you want but you know that T-code Polaras didn't have a 440 Magnum pie tin from the factory. So it is non original no matter what is inside the engine.

I have no problem driving around in a dual snorkel air cleaner car without pie tin if there wasn't one from the factory.

And I don't open my hood at car shows usually.
If someone wants to know what is inside: check the VIN.

I am not fishing for compliments at car shows

Carsten

I went to a big car show, pahked the cah, and set up my chair.
The guy next to me complained about the swirls on the paint.
Kept nagging me about it. I ignored him.
After an hour, he couldn't take it anymore and started waxing my car.
A complete stranger... :realcrazy:

come on Dave.
You can do what you want but you know that T-code Polaras didn't have a 440 Magnum pie tin from the factory. So it is non original no matter what is inside the engine.

That's correct but it still looks better than not having one

I've never seen an original air cleaner with a sticker like that. I know they have been available as a cheap option from the repo market for years though.

Are you certain the originals used a sticker like that Will?

I have seen these half circle type on original cars but I can't recall what years

201529518002_1.jpg
I like that one, but have not found one for sale.

There is another thing I have not said: I like the TNT pie pan because it is Chrysler. The others are generic all-Mopar. I would not like to see a "Magnum" or "Commando" pan on a Chrysler.

Right in this case is opinion based. No one has ever said to me the Magnum tin on my 71 doesn't belong on there nor have they said it looks wrong.
Ooops. I had not seen this comment before I wrote my previous one.

I would notice that you had a Magnum pan on your Plymouth. Would I say anything? Probably only if you were by your can and we got into a conversation. I wouldn't walk up and say, "Magnum?? That ain't no magnum car!!!"

That is a quote concerning my car when some redneck saw the 440 and the "L" in my VIN. "That ain't no factory 440 car!!"

I had a girl walk up to my Roadrunner at a show and start giving me the pitch on some wax product. I was doing something at the time and told her I wasn't interested and expected her to leave at that point. So I went back to the trunk and I hear "but doesn't this look good?" She had started wiping my car down with her crap.

It didn't go well for her after that.

Ooops. I had not seen this comment before I wrote my previous one.

I would notice that you had a Magnum pan on your Plymouth. Would I say anything? Probably only if you were by your can and we got into a conversation. I wouldn't walk up and say, "Magnum?? That ain't no magnum car!!!"

That is a quote concerning my car when some redneck saw the 440 and the "L" in my VIN. "That ain't no factory 440 car!!"
My Magnum pan is on my Dodge T code, not a U code.

I would have watched and not offered too much advice on how he could do it better until the job was done...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back