11” wheels

ryanspolara

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 69 Fury with a healthy motor under the hood. Since I’m new to C bodies in general, I’m wondering how wide a wheel/tire combo I can fit in the rears. Many thanks to everybody who has done this research.

Welcome to the forum!
I can't tell you How wide a wheel/tire combo you can stuff into your 69 Fury but I can show you my setup on my 69 FuryIII

20160905_120035 (1).jpg

20161008_104125-jpg.jpg

235 70 15's in the front and 275 60 15's in the back with 15/8 wheels with 4.5 inch back spacing with dog dish hub caps.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is for my taste at least I wouldn't go much bigger even though the car could accomodate it. Going much larger will make the car look like it is trying to be something it is not. Be great if you posted a pic of your car and get some opinions.

Last edited:
IF you're in search of "more traction" for your "healthy" engine, rather than how wide the tire is, be more concerned with how sticky the rubber is. Like seek out a V-rated tire rather than a normal "looks good" tire. There are some 17" wheel tire sizes which are very similar in "revs/mile" to some wide 15" sizes. I suspect that with the V-rated tires, you'll not need to stuff the wheelwells quite so tightly, which will then mean you can better explore the higher-speed cornering capabilities of C-body Chryslers.

CBODY67

You can fit 9" wide without too much issues. 5" back spacing. Worst case u can grind the fender lip. For tires I have 275/55/17. 295s might have fit with some grinding. B careful about rear end not being centered.

Back