1966 Chrysler Clock Light Filter

motorama55

Reaction score
I removed the clock from my 66 300 to repair it and I noticed that where the light bulb plugs into the back there is a blue plastic filter/lens that has developed lots of bubbles from the heat of the light bulb. I wanted to replaced this bulb filter and wondered if anyone has reproduced these? I haven't gotten to the dash cluster yet but assume these bulb filters are used there also and if so I would guess these are in the same shape as the clock bulb filter/lens. I guess one solution would be to switch over to blue LED bulb replacements. I was thinking that I would replace the bulb filters and used a bright white LED bulb replacement if the bulb filters are available but I can't seem to find any replacements for these. I have seen these bulb filters reproed for Mustangs.

clock filter1.jpeg

clock filter2.jpeg

Good Morning
I had the same issue on a '65. No repops that I know of. I just replaced the incandescent lamp with a LED. No issues.
IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG

Before trying to work with them, I would be sure to have replacements if you can find them. That plastic is old and brittle so it wouldn't take much for it to break. I'm not sure if there is anybody who repops those. Good luck.

Omni, your dash looks amazing! Those 65-66 Chrysler instrument clusters always were one of the best looking ones around.

Yes I could reproduce them, but I don't see the point with Matt's stash. :)
Now that my stash is public I’m guessing they won’t last long…

Back