1958 Plymouth Hubcaps - What is a fair price? Why so hard to find?

WikedPlymouth

Reaction score
I'm wondering why the 1958 Plymouth hubcaps are so much harder to find than the 1957 Plymouth hubcaps. Is it because everyone wants a "Christine" car? Also, what is a fair price for a set of 4? If seen prices all over the place. Thanks.

well i think i have one hanging in my shop , peeked center with a checkered pattern around the edge of the beauty ring section ? if so there are very popular with the lower lead slide cruzer crowd .

1957 Plymouth wheel covers were used by lots of people in the 50's and 60's on mild customs and plain street cars. Tom Hoover of Hemi fame used them on his car in the late 60's to early 70's. The 1958 ones were never popular, and lots were discarded. Now with the Christine phase, the people making those want the 58 wheel covers.

There is a set on Epay right now. Or call John Fowlie at Big M auto parts in Northern Cali.

Yeah, I did see that set on Ebay. Just not sure if that's a good price or not. I only paid $75 for the 1957 Plymouth hubcaps and they are all perfect. The seller even through in an extra for the spare. I do like the 57 hubcaps....tough choice. Thanks!!

Back