1960 chrysler new yorker 4-door sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess, you hit the lock/alarm button every time you go in for a cup of coffee to dont you?
Yea, I'm a first born, so what.

I also use the remote start to either heat or air condition my seat before I get in. ;)

I love driving down 295 next to the divider on a weekend morning.....and though the underpass...down through the Vine st. express way, oh my.

Yeah, I can see that. Vine street must make your car sound like a jet engine

Mine are quiet, except for the Challenger, but that doesnt count. I dont have the sound yours does.

The I-95 and I-895 Tunnels in Baltimore going under the harbor are too cool with the windows down...speed limit 50mph............right!

Besides, Obama paid for it.

It's taxpayer's money... Obama doesn't pay for ****, that's why he couldn't care less about spending. We'd be 25+ trillion in the hole if he would have had Demacratic control of the house the last 2 years.

OK 'ladies'....I hate interrupt your tea party....but can somebody post a reply saying "I wanna buy your car!" Just kidding about the 'ladies' comment, but I would like to ask you 'guys' (forgive me if there actually are some ladies in the mix of replies) a couple of questions since you all see more C-Bodies than I do: 1) Since I haven't gotten any offers from this ad, I can only think that my price is on the 'high side'. What are your thoughts about what a '60 NY in this condition should be going for? 2) What would be some areas to improve (either on the car, or the ad)?

I would like to thank ya'll in advance for any insight/expertise you might have.

OK 'ladies'....I hate interrupt your tea party....but can somebody post a reply saying "I wanna buy your car!" Just kidding about the 'ladies' comment, but I would like to ask you 'guys' (forgive me if there actually are some ladies in the mix of replies) a couple of questions since you all see more C-Bodies than I do: 1) Since I haven't gotten any offers from this ad, I can only think that my price is on the 'high side'. What are your thoughts about what a '60 NY in this condition should be going for? 2) What would be some areas to improve (either on the car, or the ad)?

I would like to thank ya'll in advance for any insight/expertise you might have.

The problem with "c" body cars (however nice they maybe).....is that there is a select few crowd (and they are probably all on this website) who are willing to consider coughing up real money for them......no matter the model/make/year or nice condition said automobile is in. The c's have been almost completely marginalized by the A/B and E body styles. A cold hard reality. As nice as your car is, if you hold out long enough you may get asking price. Guess its all about how long you can wait...and its a bad market right now.

You might try one of the major auctions with a reserve $$$. Good luck!

OK 'ladies'....
Yep, right on the money there.

I'm no expert like these other guys but I'll give you my opinion since you asked. As mentioned, the A,B&E cars get all the attention. Look at the sponsors of this very site. You can't buy body panels for a C body here or anywhere else cuz nobody makes em. You would also have a bigger audience if it were a 2 door.

I have no idea what your car is "worth". It's really worth whatever the guy who really wants it is willing to pay for it, you just need to find that guy. I can tell you though that there are a ton of really cool C body cars that can be picked up for a few thousand bucks. Ten Thousand will get you pretty much any C body you can think of.

....but can somebody post a reply saying "I wanna buy your car!"
I would like to ask you 'guys' a couple of questions since you all see more C-Bodies than I do:
1) Since I haven't gotten any offers from this ad, I can only think that my price is on the 'high side'. What are your thoughts about what a '60 NY in this condition should be going for?
2) What would be some areas to improve (either on the car, or the ad)?

You asked. I'll answer.
You're advertising and asking for advice from the wrong people. We're "C" body people. Your car is not a C-body.
You should be here:
http://www.forwardlook.net/
They'll love to see your car over there.
Oh, wait... You already did:
http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=44408

I do have two questions, though.
1. How long have you owned this car, and...
2. How did you come about acquiring it?

I have seen your posts for other items in other forums. You join a relevant forum, ask for a wiw, and then bolt.

Last edited:
Yep, there ya go.....there's where you really want to be. More precisely focused on the era of your car. Good luck.

I think you are being "optimistic" on your asking price. Your starting price is in the area of high retail for a 413 Air equipped 2 door hardtop and not a 4 door sedan.

Referencing the NADA classic car values, a 1960 Chrysler Newyorker 4 door with factory air and 413 engine is:

High Retail - 13,500

Average Retail - 9180

Low Retail - 5535

Discriptions are taken from the NADA Web Page:

Prices shown are retail consumer values and to be considered as selling prices. Trade-in values are to be determined by local dealers and are generally lower than values shown.

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

End Quote ---

Experience will tell you that normally no one will get near high retail for their car. Based on your discription of your car, wear on seats ect... it is somewhere between the Average adn High retail value in condition. I would guess realistically you would be nearer to the $9000 range than the $13000 range if you wanted to get offers on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back