Status
Not open for further replies.

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
*NM*

This car in the family for a lot of years sold as is as shown. I do have the title for the car I have a lot of extra parts that are new in the box. the car is a repaint from years ago. It is blue outside and gray inside. Leather seats, no air, push button shift. any questions please call 815-838-1397 for any offers please call.I also have a 1961 that i will post next.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/3308850238.html

Man Bob, you're hitting the jackpot with the early coupes!

Wow, look at that. When's the last time you seen a 2dr 60' Imp in decent condition. The side profile says "moving forward...fast". I can't get over those crazy 5ft tall fins though, what the hell were they drinking back then?

Man Bob, you're hitting the jackpot with the early coupes!

I found the one, then found a guy selling 2 beauties ('60 and '61) and I just found a bunch I thought would be interesting. I really like the early 60's designs/styling.

Wow, look at that. When's the last time you seen a 2dr 60' Imp in decent condition. The side profile says "moving forward...fast". I can't get over those crazy 5ft tall fins though, what the hell were they drinking back then?

Whatever their drinking.............I'm in and I don't drink.

The design style was defiantly "flamboyant" in those days for sure. Exner and the boys must have been partying hard.

Can you imagine the first time Exner shot this design/styling prototype past the Chrysler exec's? That meeting would of been around 1955.

Yeah all the "bean counters" must have passed out on the first look.......but looking back in history, Exner nailed it.

Thinking back today....I can't figure out why Mopar didn't sell a lot more of these cars. IMHO, I think they looked better than GM, Ford, Cadillac and Lincoln back then. Again, just my 2 cents.

Thinking back today....I can't figure out why Mopar didn't sell a lot more of these cars. IMHO, I think they looked better than GM, Ford, Cadillac and Lincoln back then. Again, just my 2 cents.

Well, I'll throw in my $10 bucks behind your 2 cents. They DID look better than GM/Ford stuff.lol

When I was 8 or 9 years old, we were a "three generation" household and my grandfather came home with a new one of these. Exacrly like the picture. Even the color:

106731.1958.DeSoto.Firedome.jpg

I'm 8 or 9 years old, mind you. That car just blew my mind when he pulled in. Probably the most definitive point in my life on how I viewed cars forever after that.
So, I'm guessing they weren't more popular than Fords or GMs because 9 year old kids weren't buying cars.

106731.1958.DeSoto.Firedome.jpg

I hear you. Your Grandpa's car was very nice.

Last edited:
gorgeous car......btw, that interior seat fabric is incorrect, right? looks too plain to be original.

this is one that i love both the frt and back of

I hear you. Your Grandpa's car was very nice.
He tossed the keys to my mother and said take it for a ride.
My mother had JUST gotten her license plus she didn't know anything about power brakes.
I'm in the passenger seat sitting bolt upright on my knees as it was ok back then.
First intersection, Ma hit the brakes and put me headfirst straight into the windshield.
That's why big fin Mopars are indelibly etched into my brain.

Say "good night", Gracie.
"Good night, Gracie..."
:tongueflap:

He tossed the keys to my mother and said take it for a ride.
My mother had JUST gotten her license plus she didn't know anything about power brakes.
I'm in the passenger seat sitting bolt upright on my knees as it was ok back then.
First intersection, Ma hit the brakes and put me headfirst straight into the windshield.
That's why big fin Mopars are indelibly etched into my brain.

Say "good night", Gracie.
"Good night, Gracie..."
:tongueflap:

LOL! That must of been a hell of a learning curve for your Mom!

I really like the front end treatment of this year compared to the '61 and '62 years and the way the headlights were done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back