1961 fury owner

I would have to get the girlfriend's buy-in to get a Forward Look / 3rd classic car. It would have to be my last major project car.

Bob ........ Bring het to Carlisle and hook her up with Ellie ........ You'll probably leave with a De Soto.

No he had that car before I was born but I have a pair of those moon eye stickers for my current '61 they will not go on the car until its restored completely.
He told me he owned it for a year and a half , then he traded it in. I also know my grand father drove the car alot

why does it have to be a project?

Kind of like a rock and a hard place ...... Nice originals, or restored 60/61 De Sotos can be very expensive, (unless you get REALLY lucky). And restoring one is a real challange due to elusive parts and materials.

I could get a turn key...

The challenge of a Forward Look project car (rust free body) would be cool for a final build that I could enjoy driving until my license gets taken away.

No grass fire. It started because a relative burned papers the day before when the grass was dry. The next day I discovered a grass fire out side I told my dad. He and I went out side to put the fire out. He and I thought it was out then 2 hours later I heard an explosion in the garage then black smoke and then flames. When the relative came home from a cruise she said this to me You are upset about your car. I almost said this "If you did not decide to burn papers the day before none of this would of happen! "

Homer+&+Bart1.gif

I lived in Tennesee for 9 years before that I lived in Florida for 25 years and the northern states for 16 years. My family left because of the cold. I will admit I did not want to leave Florida. In Florida there are code enforcement . Tennessee there are none.
A few years back I had a restoration project I was doing in Florida . A real estate woman turned the car in to the city . When I got the mail about it I called the city and asked who turned the car in? I was told it was the real estate woman . My car at the time was not a foward look it was a 1958 chevrolet impala 2drht. I paid her back for turning my car in I went to the house next door with a can of chevy orange spray paint walked up the sign that is put on the property of the home that is being sold and spray painted a ghost busters sign on each side. I would of loved to of seen the look on her face when she seen that sign spray painted . I would of said " that is what you get for not minding your own damn business.

Last edited:
Back