For Sale 1961 imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1961 Imperial

00J0J_d7SeJH25rMd_1200x900.jpg

Were the 61 Imperial fins bigger/higher than a 59 Cadillac's? They sure look like it in that pic.

The dorky skirts, chrome sharks teeth on the rear quarters and Walmart hubcaps look terrible on that imperial. I’m surprised there isn’t curb feelers and a continental kit.

Last edited:
Odd that the left rear door appears to be bronze. Wonder if it actually is, or if the interior pics were taken at an earlier date, and the car has recently been painted the satin black color?

No pictures of the driver's side! Maybe I'm wrong but the seat material doesn't seem very fancy, especially for the LeBaron, although it matches the door panels. Anyone know for sure?

Interior was redone. It looks like it was originally black, or possibly white or gray with black accents.

I agree with the seller's assessment. It would cost a fortune to return the car to original condition, much of that going towards interior work.

That would be a good candidate for Powertour with a big stroker and a GearVendors but not at that buy in. Does that vintage of Imp have a 2 pce drive shaft? You could mount a divorced GV in place of the carrier bearing and keep the pushbuttons.

Kevin

The dorky skirts, chrome sharks teeth on the rear quarters and Walmart hubcaps look terrible on that imperial. I’m surprised there isn’t curb feelers and a continental kit.
Those "Sharks teeth" are the trim from a 57-60 ? New Yorker. An unfortunate add-on to the Imperial, but at least you could sell them to a NY lover searching for hard to find trim.

1957-1959-chrysler-new-yorker-2.jpg

:D
Those "Sharks teeth" are the trim from a 57-60 ? New Yorker. An unfortunate add-on to the Imperial, but at least you could sell them to a NY lover searching for hard to find trim.

View attachment 219135
I knew I had seen them on some mopar before but couldn’t place them. “Sharks teeth “ is how they are described in the factory parts book I’m sure....

From the ad.
Asking $9900.
1961 Imperial, lebaron, four door hardtop. 413 v-8 , automatic, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, power windows. Starts and runs well. The car has seen little use the last 3 or 4 years. The air-conditioning components, compressor and condenser have been removed and placed in the trunk of the car. I have driven the car short distances, 10 to 20 miles at a time. The car is very solid, but not without flaws.
The outlandish fins and massive grill make this car stand out in a crowd.
However, if a collector was looking to restore this car he or she would have to be prepared for a VERY Expensive undertaking. Cars like this are super expensive to restore. However, the car could have some repairs done and it could be enjoyed at that point. For example the car runs and drives well, but the power steering leaks fluid and the car needs a thorough mechanical/safety exam before the new owner begins driving the car to ensure safety and soundness. Thanks
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back