WANTED 1961 Ply. Suburban wagon rear bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighead440

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a driver quality or even slightly damaged rear bumper for my wagon. I specifically need the left/drivers side corner if someone has a spare, but will buy the whole shebang as I understand why someone wouldn't separate a complete one. I think several model years will work, before '62 of course. Thanks in advance! RB

UPDATED INTERCHANGE INFO:

The wagons are little strange when it comes to rear bumper interchange.

Without going into all the details.
The Right & Left outer extensions are unique to each model & year. The shape of the bumper matches the upper body line of the rear quarter panel.
That stated, the 61 Plymouth outer extensions are correct for a 61 station wagon.
I originally posted the info before double checking the master parts catalogs.

The 1961 Plymouth station wagon outer extensions WILL INTERCHANGE with the following years:
1962-64 Chrysler and Dodge Custom 880 station wagons.

The part numbers for the bumper extensions are:
Left 2123813
Right 2123814

Last edited:
The wagons are little strange when it comes to rear bumper interchange.

Without going into all the details.
The Right & Left outer extensions are unique to each model & year. The shape of the bumper matches the upper body line of the rear quarter panel.
That stated, ONLY 61 Plymouth outer extensions are correct for a 61 station wagon.

The center face bar does interchange between some years and models. Can provide details if that info is desired.

Thanks for clarifying! Any help locating either a left/DS extension or a complete '61 Ply. bumper would be appreciated! Like I said, driver quality or even bent/less than perfect chrome is fine. Mine is rotten to basically the chrome plating being all that remains at the end.

Call Hidden Valley Auto Parts in AZ... they have a wagon with a rear bumper. I just saw it last week, but can't seem to upload the pics here.

06KtxI2.jpg
i0pXI0N.jpg
XXrxT9M.jpg

See my updated post with more details on the station wagon rear bumper interchange. As stated the interchange is a little strange after the 1961 model year and once the full size Plymouth wagons were no longer available. But the Chrysler & Dodge line still carried over the wagon body platform until 1964.

I had posted the info before having the opportunity to confirm in the master parts catalog.

The 1961 Plymouth station wagon outer extensions WILL INTERCHANGE with the following years:
1962-64 Chrysler and Dodge Custom 880 station wagons.

The part numbers for the bumper extensions are:
Left 2123813
Right 2123814

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying! Any help locating either a left/DS extension or a complete '61 Ply. bumper would be appreciated! Like I said, driver quality or even bent/less than perfect chrome is fine. Mine is rotten to basically the chrome plating being all that remains at the end.

See the updates I made to my original post for more info on station wagon bumper interchange. Sorry for any confusion.

i have a nos end not perfect but great for a driver
and its the LT side (drivers)
pm me with a number i can text pics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back