1962 Chrysler Wagon

Hmmm it works on my end? It’s actually a video, but maybe it’s not showing up

No it doesn’t light up. Rats got in to a bit of the wiring. Just doing a little at a time. On a side note I have most of the puzzle pieces together. Car runs, drives, and stops. It smokes a bit and the wheel cylinders leaks, but man is it awesome!!

3A849CF8-3569-479D-A77C-33CA9D6DADB3.jpeg

96FC26D2-21EB-4DBA-BB17-EF4806181315.jpeg

926C9245-088A-4BD1-B947-754C54CA10A4.jpeg

F4B7F84E-666A-4618-A12C-59C28ECF214F.jpeg

1EFD15C3-C73A-4CDA-BB98-7A96295B85BC.jpeg

No it doesn’t light up. Rats got in to a bit of the wiring. Just doing a little at a time. On a side note I have most of the puzzle pieces together. Car runs, drives, and stops. It smokes a bit and the wheel cylinders leaks, but man is it awesome!!

View attachment 167060

View attachment 167061

View attachment 167062

View attachment 167063

View attachment 167064
Wished I coulda caught yeah while yeah had your dash out Andrew.No clue you had that one planed? The power pack waz exposed with the dash out. Now it's buried so high up on the left A-Pillar it's hard to even feel and it's nutted onto a threaded stud up in there, 1/4" az I recall. That more then likely iz the reason your electroluminescent dash iz not lighting up. Farz I know theirz only one guy on the planet that rebuilds those and their exchanged bad for good. We all know him as Jeff Carter and he's doing business up near Seattle. Find him at: jcrestorations.com . Jeff's been doing fantastic work for over 30 yearz that I know of and I've never heard so much az a whisper of negative feed back. Some of us have been where you are Andrew, so shout out when you need information, Jer

Last edited:
I thought one was for the rear power window? I see another one with Bendix on it? Is it the one with the big Red power wire to it? Thanks

Thanks for the education. I had no idea what that was. What exactly does it do? And, is there a way to test it?

Thanks for the education. I had no idea what that was. What exactly does it do? And, is there a way to test it?
It makes ALL your instruments and ALL the hash marks on your gages GLOW fluorescent orange and green. Be careful trying to test it with 12 volts tho'. I've heard once it's working and cranked up it holdz about 200 voltz. I'd expect that if your gages are not lighting up at all the Power Pack iz toast. Contact Jeff or one of the people he has on his staff and get a quote on the power pack swap out for a '62. You're probably looking at $100 or a bit more for the swap. I think I paid $90+ shipping for my last one 'bout 10 yearz ago for the Batwagon. BTW, If the ratz have the wire in your '62 chewed up that bad I'd suggest you stay away from ACE hardware for your wire needz. We have a friend up in Napanee, Ontario Ca.That will make you and under dash AND an under hood harness for your '62 and give you the extra length correct gage wire needed for your doors. He might need both your bulkhead connectors because those are NON EXISTENT. But when you lay your $ down EVERY WIRE IN BOTH HARNESSES WILL BE EXACT DUPLICATES AS TO COLOR AND GAGE BUT WILL ALSO BE TAGGED ON EVERY WIRE END AS TO PURPOSE. ie: That one powers your dash clock. Needless to say He plays with the Forward Look Mopars ONLY and it's the thing you invest in when you get your IRS Refund. If you're interested P.M. me and I'll shoot you his name, address, and phone # up in Ontario, Ca. Jer, standin' by

Thank you sir for the info. Not sure on my time frame with the car. I just wanted to get it pieced back together and make it driveable. I think I’m going to build my own harness. Probably just going to buy a bunch of Packard 56 connectors and the proper wire guages and colors. I bought this fantastic wiring schematic book at a yard sale a few years ago that I’ll use as a guide.

3A3D401B-501C-4B12-BB93-181069F006EE.jpeg

1A4C9240-0EA6-42E2-8B49-852799669671.jpeg

A buddy and I pulled the passenger valve cover off last week. Our plan was to replace the umbrella seals hoping that would resolve my smoking issue. Well we found #8 intake valve was stuck and had a bent pushrod. We tried to “unstick” the valve for a couple hours with no success. At that point we assumed the valve was bent when miraculously we freed it up. After some PB blaster and cycling it up and down it started moving smoothly. We straightened the rod and put it back together. The 413 purrs like a kitten now! Still smokes but definitely not as bad. We still need to pull the valve covers back off and do the umbrella seals and a new pushrod.

EC11393D-3B37-4848-986E-A7BC669D2605.jpeg

That usually happens when someone tries to run the car on bad gas. The varnish builds up in the valve guide until it eventually siezes up. Then you have a bent pushrod and a stuck valve. You did the right thing in trying to free it up with some solvent. Nice.

I cleaned out the tank, lines, and new carb before I tried. Guessing the yahoos I got it from probably tried to fire it up without doing anything

Buffed out most of the car the other day. I guess I forgot to take after pics, but here are some in the progress pics.

46DCE0D6-4DBF-42D6-893E-5060CDF4FD8F.jpeg

BFFFE7CD-4CB3-42F9-A276-F0DCE60A1099.jpeg

58AFF6D6-E994-4F67-8B7C-295DF3BE9D37.jpeg

Back