For Sale 1965 Chrysler 300 2 dr. 4 spd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Rip, I disagree on this one being a strong #2. And it doesn't have the 413, it's a 383.
  1. Most people never see a true #1, it will be a car that is never started up, never moves under its own power, and is trailered/sheltered every minute of its life.
  2. What most people consider a #1 is actually a #2, or if a #1 is street-driven for a few months it'll become a #2. Some cars are #2 because they are over-restored and therefore incorrect in some regards.
  3. A #3 is what most of us consider an awesome-condition car - but it will have some slight wear and some incorrect items/detailing that most of us ignore or don't notice. Will likely have common aftermarket replacement belts, hoses, etc, underhood, just like this car does.

Those descriptions above are what I've read over the years. This one is a #3 IMO. (Although it's hard to tell, the pictures aren't really that good.) Some of them show decent shine in the paint, but these pics are all 10-20 ft away.

Also:
The wheels are incorrect, and underhood needs a bit of detailing. Per the listing,
Mostly original paint, has had some very minor body work and touch up.
A/C does not blow cold. Heat works fine.
Tach works sometimes.
Radio does not work

Can't be a #2 with those 'issues'. IMHO the $18k was a good pull for that car, and that's about where I see most comparable-condition 4spd C-bodies stall out.

Question for any experts out there - would this be a 325hp 383HP, which normally comes with that air cleaner in 65, or would this be the base 315hp 383 single-exh that was standard in a 300 and some Dodges (and the unsilenced air cleaner was added???)

Furry Fan: I agree with your assessment. And yes, a No. 1 car is the kind of car you park in your bedroom and never drive. However, I was only postulating in my post regarding the value of this car conceding that even if the car was a No. 1, it would still not in any way justify the suggested $48K - $50K price.

Also, I can't get to e-Pay here at work, so based on the unsilenced air cleaner picture, I figured the car had the optional 413 engine. If its really a 383, its at least 25% less valuable right out of the chute.

Yes. $18K was a really "good pull" for this car. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back