For Sale 1965 dodge monaco 4 spd!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone go back and look hard at the fender splash shields in the engine compartment.
Something looks weird about them.

So if no Monaco 500, then what is it with the wicker and full-length console/indented back seat>
Called simply Monaco? I've also heard reference to Polara 500, which seems silly as the Polara was always the lower-priced name.

65 used a rectangular tower/hole for the shifter, 66-68 was ovaled.
The 1965 Dodge Monaco was just that, Monaco. ALL Monacos came with wicker inserts. And ALL came with the full length center console.

Hi Fellas; Maybe this will help, from the 65' Dodge Data Book. Cheers, John.
65_Polara_Custom880_Monaco0019.jpg

I'm thinking that car was converted to a 4 speed. Look at the console in the pic of the automatic. That's right where he mounted the cheesy oil pressure and water temp gauges, in that little ramp like thingy. Must have figured he had to stuff something in there. He probably couldn't find a boot for it. We would really need to see a pic of the fender tag. Might not be a Monaco at all.
65_polara_custom880_monaco0019-jpg.121764

As mentioned no Monaco 500, at least not in '65.
Crappy aftermarket mags.
Edelbrock air cleaner.
Gauges hacked into the console.
Steering wheel cover.
Wrong tail lamps.
Dual exhaust.
Tach on the steering column.
Missing the stainless trim on the brake and clutch pedals.
Wrong antenna.
And several things in the engine compartment.

That's all I've got.

But a nice car and all easily repairable . You guys are pitching about the tach, so buy it and remove it

Oh yeah one more thing..not sure if anyone else caught it but it always makes me skeptical... the pics are 5 years old!

But a nice car and all easily repairable . You guys are pitching about the tach, so buy it and remove it
"All original" is a pretty definitive statement, claimed by the owner.

I'm thinking that car was converted to a 4 speed. Look at the console in the pic of the automatic. That's right where he mounted the cheesy oil pressure and water temp gauges, in that little ramp like thingy. Must have figured he had to stuff something in there. He probably couldn't find a boot for it. We would really need to see a pic of the fender tag. Might not be a Monaco at all.
65_polara_custom880_monaco0019-jpg.121764
I do think it is a real Monaco. Not saying you couldn't transfer Monaco parts to a Polara or Custom 880 but for all the work involved it does not make sense. Possible conversion or maybe the console was missing or beyond repair and all he could get was an automatic one. Intact and usable 4-speed consoles are VERY hard to find. I have a really nice red automatic console that is trade bait for a 4 speed but I have never seen one worth trading for or outright buying. I agree about the fender tag, that would tell the truth to the story. Real stick car or not, that price is VERY optimistic the way the car sits.

Good catch on the console plate, 78Brougham, that's definitely an AT console plate.
And I love that idea, too! Ingenious.

And if the car was indeed converted, perhaps that's why the pedals don't have the SS trim on them?

And it's hard to tell, but it kinda looks like the console is missing the side hump, like the steel plate was removed from an AT console and the flap of carpet covers it all???

Regardless, I agree with Nutcase, price is very optimistic.

upload_2017-4-15_13-0-36.png

upload_2017-4-15_13-2-21.png

upload_2017-4-15_13-1-48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back