For Sale 1965 dodge monaco 4 spd!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1965 Dodge Monaco 500

Wow , one of my favorites in this combo!!!!!
upload_2017-4-14_22-48-27.png

upload_2017-4-14_22-49-10.png

upload_2017-4-14_22-51-26.png

upload_2017-4-14_22-44-39.png

upload_2017-4-14_22-45-17.png

upload_2017-4-14_22-46-7.png

upload_2017-4-14_22-46-34.png

Because all original doesn't mean the parts it was built with. It means restored using restoration parts, not modified.

In this case anyway

Also has a bench seat shifter handle:(

Also has a bench seat shifter handle:(
Not necessarily so - they did make an offset console handle with that upsweep althouigh it's not common. I believe John's has that handle, and I've seen one at a swap that I'm still kicking myself for not buying. I've been searching for one of them for years.
Mike

Incorrect shift handle, shift knob, taillights, gas gauge location, no tach. I thought console w/tach was std on Monaco 500? Monaco 500 with NO power brakes?

Stan what u think. you can spot errors better than me.

Looks great at a glance until one sees the little things. This is why I much prefer an original untouched car in fair shape than a supposedly restored car based on someone's idea of restored. I especially don't like those clear plastic fuel filters sitting anywhere on top of an engine. This one on top of the valve cover over the exhaust manifold. I also don't like that large tach smack in the middle of what I consider a great looking dash on it's own merits. Tacky....

Forgot to add the dirty carpet and muddy dirt in the ribs of the pedals are nice touches.

Last edited:
Because all original doesn't mean the parts it was built with. It means restored using restoration parts, not modified.

In this case anyway

Yeah, I know what you're saying but I think that word "original" is misused way too much. To restore the "original" parts the car was born with and put them back on I would agree with it still being original. To restore parts from other cars that are "correct" for the car but not original to the car, maybe that's still OK to call it original too. But to buy "new reproduction" parts and still call the car "original" just isn't right. A lot of people seem to do that and try to pass a car off as original. Just a little something that bothers me a little, no biggie.

Another one is "restored". Car owner's definition of that word is all over the map.

As mentioned no Monaco 500, at least not in '65.
Crappy aftermarket mags.
Edelbrock air cleaner.
Gauges hacked into the console.
Steering wheel cover.
Wrong tail lamps.
Dual exhaust.
Tach on the steering column.
Missing the stainless trim on the brake and clutch pedals.
Wrong antenna.
And several things in the engine compartment.

That's all I've got.

So if no Monaco 500, then what is it with the wicker and full-length console/indented back seat?
Called simply Monaco? I've also heard reference to Polara 500, which seems silly as the Polara was always the lower-priced name.

65 used a rectangular tower/hole for the shifter, 66-68 was ovaled.

So if no Monaco 500, then what is it with the wicker and full-length console/indented back seat>
Called simply Monaco? I've also heard reference to Polara 500, which seems silly as the Polara was always the lower-priced name.

65 used a rectangular tower/hole for the shifter, 66-68 was ovaled.
It was just a Monaco. There was also a Polara 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back