1965 Dodge Monaco NO HEAT

johnnycbody

Reaction score
My 1965 Dodge Monaco that i recently pick up has no heat. I do notice a small AF leak from heater box area. Before turning bolts and screws, anybody have an idea what im up against?? This is a no AC car.

Simple stuff first... Did you check the fluid level?

There is a heater control valve in the box. a rubber hose connects the valve to the core. It is leaking, so it is probably toast. At the least the hose is rotted away. The valve can get plugged with old stuff, and freeze up, leak ETC.

thanks for the replies..Any idea how to get this box apart?? i see 2 bolts on the outside and a bunch of small sheetmetal screws in the box itself..

A good service manual is crucial. That whole box needs to come out to do it right. If the valve is leaking, the core is likely as well. The box is long, and there are at least five nuts on the firewall holding it on. So, plan on taking some time. The non A/C is easier. I don't remember which you have. When you are done, you can come and do mine too, as it is also leaking.HA HA

probably a good time to do the thermostat too, as mentioned above...if it's been sitting for a while

Back