1965 Monaco w/413 4bbl Production Numbers

65 Monaco

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone might know where I could look to find production numbers to see ow many '65 Monacos were built with the 413 engine option? I know that there were only 13,096 total Monacos built. Thanks in advance for your help.

As far as I know there is no known break down on engine/tranny options. Within the past year someone came on this site asking about production numbers for a '65 Monaco 426-4 speed as he supposedly found one for sale near where he lived. After some back and forth he finally produced the data tag and it decoded to a 383-4 speed car. If the engine that was in there when he found it was a 426W, then it was transplanted as the fender tag told the truth. As I do own a real 426W 4-speed car, I was intrigued to say the least. Someone mentioned one of Galen Goviers books and production numbers. I believe it said something like 230? '65 Monacos were built with the 426W 4-speed. I call BS on that number as I had my 383 Monaco for 25 years before selling to a member here and up until I purchased my 426 car had never heard of one. As a matter of fact, no one has been able to show proof of another in existence or one that is no longer here. I have spoken with several long time respected members of the Mopar community and their opinion is that maybe a handful(4-5)'65 Monacos were built with my combo. As for the 413, I would venture a guess and say maybe 2000 at most and probably less. As a side note I have tracked down 3 426W automatics.

how many '65 Monacos were built with the 413 engine option?

Can't prove it of course, in 1967 my brother-in-law bought a '65 Monaco convertible with a ''413''. The car was red with red interior, black top. The dashboard was like the Canadian cars. Floor shift automatic with console.

He bought it from Trois-Rivières Chrysler, who no longer exist. The dealership must be pretty cool then, as I remember a visit from Richard Petty, also a demonstration of a turbine car.....

I have been researching these cars for almost 30 years now. Have always thought that they were somewhat "special" . . . even though they were basically trimmed-out Polaras, they seemed to pick up a lot of the styling cues from the turbine car (4 buckets, console thru to the rear seat, circular pod dash, etc).

Anyway, I went back through my files this weekend, and did some number crunching. Was able to calculate approx. 75% 383s, a little over 21% 413s, and under 5% 426s. May be off a percentage or two from Chrysler production numbers . . . but, I'd bet that I'm not far off.

I have been researching these cars for almost 30 years now. Have always thought that they were somewhat "special" . . . even though they were basically trimmed-out Polaras, they seemed to pick up a lot of the styling cues from the turbine car (4 buckets, console thru to the rear seat, circular pod dash, etc).

Anyway, I went back through my files this weekend, and did some number crunching. Was able to calculate approx. 75% 383s, a little over 21% 413s, and under 5% 426s. May be off a percentage or two from Chrysler production numbers . . . but, I'd bet that I'm not far off.
Thanks for the info, going to guess maybe just under 3,000 or so. And with a factory tach in the console, I'm guessing that number would even go lower.

Back