1965 pace car restoration

Beautiful car, congrats! Have you ever seen this photo?
42ACB0EE-7506-433B-96CB-9FDEB7301FE0.jpeg
B8494B23-E435-4AE2-BF97-B3E9CAAF1D3F.jpeg

no I dont think I have. I do have a large folder with pics and news clippings and so forth. that is a very cool pic.
It’s available, if you’re interested message me.

Thought some members might get a kick out of this. I started on this jeep for my son around the same time as I started on the convertible. Just got it going for the big jeep show 2 weeks ago where my son won best restored jeep.

3.JPG

76.JPG

147.JPG

178.JPG

556.JPEG

569.JPEG

I like a challenge lolol
That is a huge understatement. I love to see your kid's interest too, you obviously have a wealth of knowledge. Great to see the next generation, in your corner of the world, will be passing on some of that knowledge too.

@TerryM
I just discovered this somehow.

As everyone else has said - fabulous work!
When I was a kid I often thought there would be some old-world craftsmen, perhaps Japanese, that could take razorblades and scrape a slab of wood to perfect flatness and smoothness. For whatever purpose that would be.

You are apparently in that in that class, the photo of the caravan skeleton (and this car, of course) shows that.

BTW - have you seen these photos? They show differences amongst the pace car variants, in the lettering, grab handles, wheelcovers, engine emblems, and other details.
I got them during a visit to the Speedway Museum some years ago, so they could be considered legitimate references. Other than knowing what the differences signify.

1676380684895.png

@TerryM
I just discovered this somehow.

As everyone else has said - fabulous work!
When I was a kid I often thought there would be some old-world craftsmen, perhaps Japanese, that could take razorblades and scrape a slab of wood to perfect flatness and smoothness. For whatever purpose that would be.

You are apparently in that in that class, the photo of the caravan skeleton (and this car, of course) shows that.

BTW - have you seen these photos? They show differences amongst the pace car variants, in the lettering, grab handles, wheelcovers, engine emblems, and other details.
I got them during a visit to the Speedway Museum some years ago, so they could be considered legitimate references. Other than knowing what the differences signify.

View attachment 582002
Thank you for your kind words. They are neat photos. I do have them in my collection. I have around 100 different photos from the track day and also the week leading up to it, along with lots of newspaper clippings from the months prior. I will have to sit down and upload them one day to share with others.

Spent the last few days getting the cars ready for the local car show. I took the 2 plymouths and my sons ww2Jeep. Son won best jeep and the plymouth got best convertible and Top american.

1657.JPEG

1661.JPEG

1666.JPEG

1672.JPEG

1673.JPEG

1676.JPG

1687.JPEG

1688.JPEG

Very nice! Should the front of your radiator core support be blacked out? I think it should.

Back