1965 Polara Interior colors

Haz

Reaction score
Am in process of restoring interior of 65 Polara 2door. The trim code is L4T (tan) I am trying to find the color of the Dash pad and the trim between the dash pad and the screen (which is a "suede" type paint) The lower dash appears to be mid saddle tan?

Any assistance now will be appreciated before I make any catastrophic decisions.
Cheers
Haz

1965 Polara.jpg

Hi from Adelaide Haz, welcome to the forums. My suggestion is to buy this 1965 Dodge colour and upholstery sample album which is in any case a nice thing to have with a car and will help you.

1965 Dodge Color & Upholstery Dealer Showroom Album Brochure b3201 | eBay

All the best with the Polara mate.
Thanks for info. I was given a link to copied pages of this sales folder. It did not however cover the color of the dash pad and speaker trim for L4T. Another site also gave me the suede colours for 1965 but not specific to L4T. The info may not even be out there in which case cointoss.

Cheers

Okay, from the FSM......... Not the easiest to decipher, but it is what it is.
Exterior 1.jpg
Exterior 2.jpg
Interior.jpg
Suedes.jpg

Got them out of order, sorry.

If you're painting the filler panel i assume the dash pad is coming out. I would just take the the pad to paint supplier and have paint color -matched in a flat paint. If car has a console the lid is the same color.

Thanks Guys. The color of dash pad showing could have been any of Dark Tan, Dark Saddle, Cordorvan, even dark green. Very faded/discoloured. The upper dash/speaker trim panel area may be able to be restored with careful cleaning, will try when dash pad has been removed which may also show true color from unexposed parts. No console to help out unfortunately. Sending to Dash Doctor in South Australia? to vacuum reskin. Might have to have discussion with local upholsterer who is doing rest of interior so I avoid a major color/tone clash.

Here is my 65 w/saddle interior.
Attachment-1 (3).jpg

The Dark Tan Suede would be the gauge bezels. Also the dash top speaker panel, rear package shelf and rear seat filler pieces. The suede paint is hard to find and kinda pricey.
Medium Tan is the metal lower dash panel

Here is my 65 w/saddle interior.
View attachment 117379
The Dark Tan Suede would be the gauge bezels. Also the dash top speaker panel, rear package shelf and rear seat filler pieces. The suede paint is hard to find and kinda pricey.
Medium Tan is the metal lower dash panel

What was your trim code on data plate? I'm thinking mine not same paint.

IMG_2279.JPG

What was your trim code on data plate? I'm thinking mine not same paint.

My trim code reads P4T, Premium trim grade, Tan vinyl bucket seat interior.
You're right. Your dash, seat and carpet look like a different tan color with just the gauge bezel the same as mine.

tan interior.png
found pic with what I think mine should be like, main vinyl appears to be tan with a metallic sheen

Last edited:
Back