1966 300 Dash Ad Removal

DuaneBallard

Reaction score
Okay I have all the nuts off the pad that are up against the cowl and can't get it loose. Pushed up on the studs and nothing. Do I have to pull the whole dash apart?

On the slab cars you have to pull the windshield to get the dash out then remove the pad.

I've taken a '66 pad off with the dash in the car, and I think you have to basically strip the dash bare. All the chrome trim has to come off. The pad may also be glued to the dash frame.

I did it back in 1983, so it's tough to remember all the fine details.

Jeff

Last edited:
Like Jeff, I removed a dash pad from a junk car and installed it in my 65 without removing any windshields.
I think the parts catalog illustration is helpful in telling what has to come out, it was more than the six fasteners, but it was a while ago. I do remember
20210214_200458.jpg
the blood...
Mark

Like Jeff, I removed a dash pad from a junk car and installed it in my 65 without removing any windshields.
I think the parts catalog illustration is helpful in telling what has to come out, it was more than the six fasteners, but it was a while ago. I do rememberView attachment 438905 the blood...
Mark
Thanks for the picture! It was just the six nuts. The foam was stuck to the dashboard a little over the speedometer.

Back