For Sale 1966 CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE TNT MOTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I don't usually look at slabies, but this one is sharp, and the second one today with power vents.....

1966 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

Up for auction is a super nice 1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible. It has 85,500 miles approx. and will change a little due to people test driving it. The car runs and drives fine. Brakes work ok. Gauges and lights all operate correctly. It has the 383 TNT motor in it. Top works excellent, from all the way down to all the way up takes 13 seconds. The car does need some minor stuff done to it. The top needs new material. The material is about 300 online. The windows are all inop- The front driver is there but it is down. The front door panels need to be installed correctly. The car is an 8 out of 10 in my book. The Interior is brand new and has no rips or tears. Car is for sale locally so auction may end early. This car is a perfect driver and just in time for summer cruising. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at 573-776-5405. I have included some pictures of other classic cars I have for sale. IF you are interested in them, let me know and I will start an ebay auction. Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Motor still has what looks like blue paint on the intake, rattle can TNT!

Dave

Well, that does leave the embarrassing question of there was no TNT engine in '66. Hemi orange or TNT red not with standing.

Dave.

440 TNT was most definitely a 66 option in Chryslers as my T&C has it. I have never heard of a 383 TNT, but perhaps that is Chrysler nomenclature - for Dodge in 66 it was 383 HP...

440 TNT was most definitely a 66 option in Chryslers as my T&C has it. I have never heard of a 383 TNT, but perhaps that is Chrysler nomenclature - for Dodge in 66 it was 383 HP...

Agreed, 440 yes (very low production numbers for '66 and '67), post was about 383 TNT, Do not think that existed in '66 other than the HP variant.

Dave

Last edited:
from the vin, its a 383 two barrell car. G code is 383. 440 was available and had engine code J in the vin.

from the vin, its a 383 two barrell car. G code is 383. 440 was available and had engine code J in the vin.
383 4-bbl was standard on the 300. I agree that the seller doesn't know what they're talking about with the "383 TNT" nomenclature. Also as mentioned the orange paint is also incorrect. Should be turquoise regardless of engine.

All in all, it's still a very nice car - factory Budd discs with the correct booster and original master (extra reservoir extender so often lost), AC, buckets and console, tilt-a-scope steering, power windows and vent and possible more.

The windows probably are non-op because of the circuit breaker is toasted. Skirts would be easy to find (I bet they're in the trunk).

All that car needs for full load is locks, seats, trailer tow cooling package and autopilot.

Nice car.

Sorry, Dave. . . I have two of them.

383 or 440? There were some low production numbers with the 440 TNT, not aware of any with the 383 TNT in '66. There was a 383 HP option and they were all painted blue, but there was a police interceptor 383 HP which was Hemi Orange. This vehicle Vin displays 383 2BBL or 4 BBL. Were probably noting a difference in correct terminology more that anything else here.

Dave

I edited this post to correct the error.

Last edited:
383 or 440? There were some low production numbers with the 440 TNT, not aware of any with the 383 TNT in '66. There was a 383 HP option and they were all painted blue. This vehicle Vin displays 383 2BBL. Were probably noting a difference in correct terminology more that anything else here.

Dave
As I stated before, 383 4-bbl was standard equipment for a 1966 Chrysler 300.

Many VIN decoders are incorrect for 1966. 1966 VIN engine code G does not distinguish between 2-bbl and 4-bbl. It is the only code for a 383 engine so could be either one. In 1966, code H was for the 426 Hemi.

Starting in 1967, code G was 383-2bbl and H was 383-4bbl.

This reference appears to be accurate:
Mopar Engine Codes, 1966 - 1999

As I stated before, 383 4-bbl was standard equipment for a 1966 Chrysler 300.

Many VIN decoders are incorrect for 1966. 1966 VIN engine code G does not distinguish between 2-bbl and 4-bbl. It is the only code for a 383 engine so could be either one. In 1966, code H was for the 426 Hemi.

Starting in 1967, code G was 383-2bbl and H was 383-4bbl.

This reference appears to be accurate:
Mopar Engine Codes, 1966 - 1999

For whatever it is worth, In '66 Chrysler called the performance 383 the Firepower XP 383, there was no reference to the TNT series other than the 440 as far as I could find. The firepower XP 383 was rated at 325 horsepower.

Dave

What are you, drunk or what? That valve cover is hemi orange, so I have to raise a BIG ?? to this!

The police 383HP was painted Hemi Orange, but as far as I can tell that engine did not go into the '66 Chrysler.

Plug "engine colors" into this site search link to access the paint charts.

www.turbinecar.com/enginecolors.html

Dave

Last edited:
My Canadian 66 Monaco (the turquoise one) had the 383 HP engine and it was (FWIW) painted Canadian red, same as the special order RCMP-issue 440 in my 4 speed Canadian Monaco (the red one). Both cars built in Windsor ON.

The 440 TNT in my Canadian 66 T&C was Chrysler turquoise, as it was an early build dealer demonstrator, built at the Jefferson plant I believe and not Windsor.

My Canadian 66 Monaco (the turquoise one) had the 383 HP engine and it was (FWIW) painted Canadian red, same as the special order RCMP-issue 440 in my 4 speed Canadian Monaco (the red one). Both cars built in Windsor ON.

The 440 TNT in my Canadian 66 T&C was Chrysler turquoise, as it was an early build dealer demonstrator, built at the Jefferson plant I believe and not Windsor.

Probably something unique to the Windsor built cars but, like many things mopar, just when one thinks one has it figured out, along comes something different.

Dave

I see turquoise on the intake and power vents!:wideyed:
I also see that the car is no longer available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back