1966 Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't really say if the mileage is actual, or if the odo has rolled over. He is implying by omission and letting the reader jump to conclusions. The car looks fantastic and very original though. Much more convincing than most other "low mileage" cars I've seen listed lately.

The steering wheel even looks new. Maybe the little ol lady from Pasadena owned it.

I don't know what to make of it.

It actually looks more like a letter-perfect restoration than an original car in some ways, such as under the hood. But who would invest that kind of money in one of these? And then when you look at the driver's seat there is an impression in the upholstery that looks less due to ongoing wear than something sitting on the seat in one place for a long time. There is just a bit of surface rust in a couple of spots under the trunk mat, which makes me believe it is un-restored. But then there is a brand new radial tire in the trunk as a spare, which makes little sense to me, but what do I know? If I had to make a bet, I'd say 80% chance it is original except for tires/hoses. Hope someone flushed the fluids periodically.

Could be real but you can't be sure without seeing it in person.
Very true. One thing that bothers me is the paint is too shinny, even on the inner fenders. If it's been repainted that's fine but if it has that will make it next to impossible to determine if it's actual miles or over 100 G's.

Sharp car, wife wants a Vette!

It probably is what he says...... It's to original for a restoration. It has new belts...hoses and non original clamps. The radial spare tire seems odd. But then someone has been very anal about this car.
Every seal and gasket will likely be dried out and moving parts stiff or squicky. I'd be afraid to drive it to far..... likely be a chain reaction parts failure.

It really is a shame the car has never been enjoyed as intemded.
I doubt the wife is going to be getting her "Vette" anytime soon.

I'm on the fence with this one.....some things point to original condition and others to restoration. I would drive the daylights out of it if I had it.....even if it was original. It's a car - drive it!

He sold a Fairlane (!!), of all cars, for $40k to an apparently happy buyer. So anything's possible. I would live to see it in person.

5lwdhx.jpg

Who believes it, less than 4000 original miles?
I keep scrutenizing the pics and I have to believe it.

This would be impossible at 104k, no matter how anal and detail oriented you are because anyone who would go to the extent to achieving pic #1 would not had let the flaws in pic #2 go as is. My money. all $18k is that it's original.

10fvzvb.jpg

2iuvm82.jpg

Please don't go by Hagerty. They get their values from people insuring their cars. As far as value assigned to the car when being insured, all they ask is "How much do you want to insure it for?" So, what do you think everybody does? They lie their azz off.

But yah, it's worth $18k at the high end, I think.

It's a nice car but I would rather have 2 of these for that kind of money.......at least they have A/C.

$(KGrHqJ,!ngF!T-ge5F,BQLpJLctGw~~60_12[1].jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!ngF!T-ge5F,BQLpJLctGw~~60_12[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back