IMG_9853.JPG

IMG_9854.JPG

IMG_9855.JPG

IMG_9856.JPG

IMG_9857.JPG

IMG_9858.JPG

IMG_9859.JPG

IMG_9860.JPG

Whoever built that car is a freakin' MORON.... !!!!

Spend alll that money on new interior, nice paint, killer motor, and stuff
just to make an unsafe car.... :wtf:

It would still be a sleeper(and a much better looking car altogether) if they kept the original hubcaps, chromed trim, and chromed bumpers.
And toss those goddamn goofy footprint pedals. All that said, a very well-done car.

Last edited:
Yeah who would hear of spending all that money on nice interiors, paint and killer motors, unsafe (unsure why)but i'm glad no one here does anything like that. Its outrageous that whoever put this car together would spend there money on something that they enjoy. It's an outrage . Who are these people I'm glad I'm not one of them or am I.

Whoever built that car is a freakin' MORON.... !!!!

Spend alll that money on new interior, nice paint, killer motor, and stuff
just to make an unsafe car.... :wtf:

If you are referring to the single pot M/C, my experience with blowing a brake line on a dual circuit system was quite similar to the single. NO BRAKES!!! Or at least none to speak of.

Kevin

Standard manual steering and manual single pot master cylinder might make something of a hand full to drive, all stuff that can be fixed. Foot pedals and wheels need to go. Other than that, I kinda like this one. Needs chrome bumpers, but that would not make it any less fun to drive with updated brakes, and power steering. Would be curious to know if the 426 wedge was original equipment, makes the car worth a lot more.

Dave

I am thinking though that only a very few 426w cars were built in '66, if my memory is correct, did not the 440 replace the 426w early in the production run?

Dave

I am thinking though that only a very few 426w cars were built in '66, if my memory is correct, did not the 440 replace the 426w early in the production run?

Dave
The 440 was introduced in 1966. That same year the 426 wedge was replaced by the 426 HEMI.

IMG_9870.JPG

The 440 was introduced in 1966. That same year the 426 wedge was replaced by the 426 HEMI.

View attachment 191028

The max wedge in the photo is probably from 1963 as the 1962 max wedge was a 413. Looks like Allpar got their dates mixed up. Mopar offered both the 426 max wedge and later in '64 the dual quad race only 426 Hemi, a tamer 350hp version of the 426 wedge was also offered. In 1965 the Hemi replaced the high performance 426 max wedge, the tamer 350 hp 426 wedge was also still offered. In 1966 the Hemi remained the top performance option. My Recollection was that a few of the 426 wedge motors were installed in the '66 cars early in the production run at 350 HP, but the 440 350 hp version was installed in most of the '66 year cars with the high cube option.

Dave

If you are referring to the single pot M/C, my experience with blowing a brake line on a dual circuit system was quite similar to the single. NO BRAKES!!! Or at least none to speak of.

Kevin
Quite true Kev, even a duel MC will not give a hard stop if a line pops..
BUT...
At least it will slow it down pretty well....

The rest of the car,,, myself I like it a LOT......
I think it is a kickazz car.....
:thumbsup:

What I mean is, if, today, that car pulled up next to me, I'm 90% sure I would eat his dust if I challenged him.

Agree, a sleeper is something that could reasonably fool someone into thinking it may not be built. If he put steel wheels and dog dish hub caps, and you were deaf and didn't hear the 413 w/headers rumbling when you came side by side, and you didn't notice the wide tires on the back, you might be fooled.

That car looks tough as hell.

If he truly believes there is something special about that 426 er bored out 413, he's delusional.

Stage II MaxWedge specs, what a load of crap. The only thing that makes a MaxWedge special are the heads and this build has 915 castings.

Stabbing a big cam into your grandmother's 413 does not a MaxWedge make.

Rant off...

Other than the Bowtie Bozo Flipperspeak, and the Calcustom gas pedal, I love it.

It might even be priced realistically subject to a detailed inspection.

Kevin

The ad says it is a 413 punched out to 426, so that isn't the original block (unless Canadian?)

Stage 2 MW specs without MW heads or a cross ram (eyeroll)

With that said, some dog dishes and steelies would look great.

Car has a nice look overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back