1966 plymouth fury sport

Dyna_rider91

Reaction score
Im new to this site, and thought I would share what I got with you guys. Last year my grandmother called me asking me if I wanted her car she had sitting in her carport that was covered up there for about 30yrs , not really knowing what it was till I asked my dad, and he said it was a Plymouth sport fury , a car my great grandfather bought my grandma years ago, and that it was always something he wanted and to have. And well she told me to come get it, it was on my 21st birthday she called me, and I just picked it up a year later, lol and brought it to a friends now were it lies to were I can work on it. hopefully the pics load up

IMG_20131006_173515_900.jpg

IMG_20131027_171253_991.jpg

IMG_20131027_171305_104.jpg

IMG_20131006_172657_767.jpg

Welcome !!! Nice score ......... looks like a pretty clean car to start with ............ :3gears:

Wow, you are lucky getting such a clean unrestored car, it looks really nice. Don't go pulling it apart in an enthusiastic splurge, i did that with my first couple of cars and it was a big mistake, fix what needs fixing and get out on the road and enjoy it :)

Welcome to FCBO.
You're 22? Lucky you. Now leave the wheels alone and forget about that stereo you're thinking of. :D

Wow. What better way to get a car...a Plymouth Sport Fury no less! than that. You are a very lucky person. Get that car up and running and drive it! No better way to own a mopar than to drive it.

Wow that is one nice car. Look at the plug wire nipples, that's old school.
Hopefully you're a guy who likes hot rods,not a guy who thinks 20 inch rims will look good on the ole girl.
They make nice under dash stereos, and there are 6x9 speaker holes in the trunk/package tray. You will thank yourself later if you never cut a panel to mount a speaker.
The guys here know tons, welcome to the board.

Welcome aboard. You really lucked out with that car. I agree with the unsolicited advice above but it's your car. What the mechanical and body condition like? Plans?

thanks for the comments guys, and no lol im not going to put 20s on it, that was the first thing my grandma told me or to not do, im not into that, going to keep it stock as stock appealing on the outside as it originally was. I ve built quite of few chevys and fords engines with my dad so this is the first mopar for me, so im sure its a lot different and more expensive as ive been looking but im ok with that., but as of right now the motor is out of it, cause I drained the coolant and there had to be a bout a gallon or 2 of water in there so it got me worried. Yanked it out, will post more pics. and pulled it all apart, currently the block just got decked and crank turned as of yesterday and maganafluxed as well and getting freshend up as I get the part lists together. The body is actually in pretty good shape just little rust on the bottom corners of the doors just surface I hope.

Welcome and nice car!!!! Every time I see those black interiors, I like my gold/brown interior just a little bit less lol

Yeah I would have to agree with that 70NPORT. lol this defienetly grew on me once I sat back and looked at it a few times. And thanks Peacedog, yeah I also like the gold and brown myself after looking it up!
Getting my pistons fitted to the block hopefully tomorrow or Monday, then I will get the block back and start assembling and post more pics for you guys.

Back