For Sale 1966 Sport Fury Dana 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, I plan to be buying a 66 2 door sport fury for parts and then sell the left overs. I was wondering if anyone knows a fair resale price the supposed dana 60 S/G rear end (haven't confirmed it yet) resells for ?

He wants 400.00 for the car and it needs a lot of work ,So I want to make sure I can resell my leftovers, to come out even. Thanks for any help

Unless this is a 426 or 440 4speed car, the odds of it having a Dana are nil.

Dave

Thanks, I am hoping to look at it to confirm tomorrow.
He may have replaced the original rearend.
50 years is a long time. Who knows

If it is a factory 4 speed big block car with a Dana, it likely is not a Dana 60 as they used a different Dana rear in the C Body high performance stick cars and that rear is only valuable to a stick C Body owner who needs the correct rear.

If it does have a Dana 60 with a sure grip it's worth more than the car.

Dana 53s are what came in the Cs.
On the right hand lower casting on the rear next to the diff cover the model number is cast.
If it's a 60 I'll give you $300, not like these other cheap SOBS:poke:

Thank you. You are correct. This old wives tale where every rear that isn't an 8-3/4 must be a Dana 60 needs to be burried here and now.
Every old 4WD Jeep came with the 53.

Last edited:
On the right hand lower casting on the rear next to the diff cover the model number is cast.
If it's a 60 I'll give you $300, not like these other cheap SOBS:poke:

I'll give you $305.00. . .

Depends on if it turns out to be an original Dana from a car or the more plentiful truck.

man , it won't be long before it just cheater to cut an build one here in california , but it would a neat piece for my 65 880 rag rb 4spd project . but that can be a p/u or van r/e as well .

man , it won't be long before it just cheater to cut an build one here in california , but it would a neat piece for my 65 880 rag rb 4spd project . but that can be a p/u or van r/e as well .

True that. If you cant find an original car 60 for about $1500,the best bang for the buck, is having the bars and pucks and a jig to do a truck 60 yourself.

Second best, is buying one from Dr Diff.

I was lucky and got a 67 B body 60 for a lil over 1g.

True that. If you cant find an original car 60 for about $1500,the best bang for the buck, is having the bars and pucks and a jig to do a truck 60 yourself.

Second best, is buying one from Dr Diff.

I was lucky and got a 67 B body 60 for a lil over 1g.
Those prices are just insane. I know only so many 60's went under cars, but I'd have no issue with the truck 60 I have going under one of mine. Wouldn't be accurate any way shape or form so why spend more.

I thought about that after you posted, that would be right at home in your ragtop, with your 4 speed swap planned.

yes it would be sweet , but i'm not holding it up just to have a factory c body dana 60 . i'll ull a d200 or f250 one out and cut it down , thicker axle tubes . be good if it carries the front wheels , lol . i just ran across a ind rb block , it can be bored to 4.5 and still have cylinder walls . i've got a 4.5 stroker crank that = 572 . that engine will need thick axle tubes a 40 spline axles . it should carry the front end , lol . but its not going in my 65 880 rag , just not enough support on a rag for that kind of torque . i do have two 63 furys , both 2dr hts , one is already a max wedge auto street racer , this other can be a 572 max wedge car with a a833 4spd , and of course a thick tube 40 spline dana 60 . it would be hard not to carry the front wheels on that when it leaves , lol .

DCP01160.JPG

Fury.png

DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back