1967 fury 3 convertible

67fury3kidd

Reaction score
Hello my name is ryan my uncle gave me a 1967 plymouth fury 3 convertible 383 for my 16th birthday. i have tried going big block but i have bought 3 and all were not in working order, so i am converting it to a 360 magnum with a 518 possibly 618 overdrive transmission 8 3/4 rear end. looking for a cheap canvas top and left inner tail light lense, also if anybody has some advice about converting the front end to disk brakes it would be much appretiated.

Welcome from another young '67 owner. I think you should reconsider the 383...

By the way, taillights are near impossible to find for these cars, especially in usable condition. I've found two of the lenses I need in a year. Good luck with your search. Kits are made for disc brake conversions.

Thanks for the quick responses.I actually got it when i was 15 1/2 The car came with a 440 from my uncle but it had major compression issues. So i got a junk yard 383 dated from 65 and it ran but i made a rookie mistake by dropping a nut in the intake and cracked a piston. The second moter i got for it was a 413 out of a dodge moter home my dad ppred but that had a rusted cylender. The third was another 383 dated in 62 and while i was removing the flat freeze plugs i put a dimple in the cylender from punching through one too far. And for my 16th birthdaymy dad bought a 400 block that had the #2 cylender rusted and i was just going to tear down that block and clean it, then throw it back together because the rusted cylende rdidnt have any pitting. I was about half way done when my dad ppred a 97 dodge b van with the 360 and overdrive trans. He said if i got it running and pulled it from the van then it was mine so i did, eventually i am going to rebuild the 65 383 block i have for it but as of rite now it is too much money. Also i read a article that said the disk brakes off the 72 c bodies will bolt on the front of my car and was wondering if that is true.

Back