For Sale 1967 Monaco for sale ($5.9k, 383, green sedan in Eagle Rock, Southwest Missouri)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Saw this '67 Monaco while driving this morning. Made a quick stop, snapped a few pics, and am now posting them here in case anyone is interested. A Toyota pickup and an older Ford pickup were also for sale (see the penultimate photo). The phone number (last photo) seems to be from Wisconsin, but the car was parked off MO-86 between Chain-O-Lakes and Golden.

The interior was difficult to see due to reflection on the windows. From what I could see, the rear seat seemed in good condition, ditto for the dash (notwithstanding a crack in the pad). The front bench was covered by some fuzzy fabric. What was not difficult to see was the rust on the RHS, with see-through "metal" ahead of the RHS rear wheel :wideyed:

PS: Danna’s BBQ and Burger Shop, in Reeds Spring, has a fantastic pulled pork special. Boy oh boy, was that sandwich good!

IMG_2252.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2262.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2253_cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Usually when a car shows heavy rust ahead of the wheel house and along the bottoms of the rear quarters, that is a good indication that the wheel house is also gone, a time consuming and usually expensive repair. Trunk floor is likely holed as well. Somebody obviously cared about this car enough to do some fairy expensive upkeep. Probably a good candidate to use as a driver, but likely not worth the asking price with extensive rust.

Dave

Now I want to work the word "penultimate" into a conversation.

Nice winter car if the price is drastically reduced.

My ultimate is a Mont Blanc.... my penultimate is a Cross.

The 392 mile car is maybe at best a penultimate, and Richard Jannie lower case, even my phone corrects this, is a scammer. Mission accomplished.

I used penultimate in a real conversation tonight! I told Mrs. Big John that I fell asleep during the penultimate episode of a TV show I was binge watching and didn't see the ending.

Looks like my old '68 Monaco that got trashed in a tornado. It was a 383 air car, pretty nice, had just $300 in it. It went to TX after the tornado to a guy who got his car going with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back