1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

Boredom with zipstrips!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Today's project! I scooped up an edlebrock CH4B for free. Sandblasting it now and eventually sticking it in the 413. Right now it's got a weiand 8009 on that suffers from a hairline crack.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had a 67 with a 318 when I was 17. No matter how hard I tried I could not kill it. That is the car that sold me on Mopars.

image.jpeg
Finally have an update for this ole c. After a few months of being to broke to sink any money into it, and a few more of having a gutless 413, I'm happy to say the 413 is finally ironed out. I had a failure to seal on the bottom of the #7 intake port. I did the old "spray starting fluid along the intake " and it didn't rev up at all. I didn't think I had an intake leak. It does explain the loss of power, the fact it ran better without the vacuum advance and why I could only get it timed to 28 deg btdc. Now to figure the rest of the gremlins out. Oh yea, I put the edlebrock ch4b that I picked up on it too. Still have to paint it tho.

Seriously, you put flexible wrap over your radiator hose? :poke:
Yes! It's called plastic surgery! I recommend it to all my old hose.
Seriously though , the p/o had it on the hose . When I put the 413 in, I slid it on and thought it looked better than the dirty hose.

Great great great news!! With the unforeseen financial issues of 2015 I was forced to dry dock the fury! I figured out my trans needs a rebuild, and have brokered a deal with a fellow Mopar nut for a remaned TF he's not using. He's getting the non-running 67 383 out of the truck me and another buddy spent 6hrs dragging out of the woods, a running 69 318 and my POS torque flight. All of which came free to me. So not a bad deal. I'm hoping to have it tomorrow. So in anticipation of receiving the remaned TF, I am yankin the old one out. I figure while I'm there I'll try on the 3.91 suregrip my buddy gave me. Buhbye 2.76 and gas mileage and nice hwy cruising.I might actually be back on the road this year!(God I hope I'm not celebrating to early!!!)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I just read the whole thread, I don't know how I missed it before. Good to here your making progress.

Here's a little update: After spending most of last week playing musical transmission's, I was finally able to drive Murphy/Finigan! Yes his name is Murphy!! 1- It's kinda Irish! 2- Murphy's law! Most of what could go wrong has with this olé dog! Partly due to operator error and my lack of Mopar knowledge . But I %97 by myself have turned every nut and bolt on this beast. I'm kinda proud of the fact that besides all of you helpfull folks and 1 or 2 real friends I did it. Thanks again EVERYONE!!! I'll put some video up when the weather clears enough to drive it again!!

Here's a little update: After spending most of last week playing musical transmission's, I was finally able to drive Murphy/Finigan! Yes his name is Murphy!! 1- It's kinda Irish! 2- Murphy's law! Most of what could go wrong has with this olé dog! Partly due to operator error and my lack of Mopar knowledge . But I %97 by myself have turned every nut and bolt on this beast. I'm kinda proud of the fact that besides all of you helpfull folks and 1 or 2 real friends I did it. Thanks again EVERYONE!!! I'll put some video up when the weather clears enough to drive it again!!
YEEAAHHH!

Back