1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

I'm still running the 3.91s at this point. Be I've got an offer to trade a 2.76 sure grip for my 3.91 but I'm the fence about loosing my low end grunt. Oh decisions decisions.

Don't trade ... buy the 2.76 from him or get a 2.76 open diff cheap somewhere

keep the 3.91 and swap when you fell like playing with the stump puller gears for a while then swap back.

Pretty easy with 8 3/4 rears and doesn't really take to long

Don't trade ... buy the 2.76 from him or get a 2.76 open diff cheap somewhere

keep the 3.91 and swap when you fell like playing with the stump puller gears for a while then swap back.

Pretty easy with 8 3/4 rears and doesn't really take to long
I've been mulling that also tallhair! I still have the original 2.76 open from the rear end I pulled outta the 67 nyer I had. Like you said not a difficult job to swap them either! I think you helped seal the deal!! Might as well keep them both!!

I'm still running the 3.91s at this point. Be I've got an offer to trade a 2.76 sure grip for my 3.91 but I'm the fence about loosing my low end grunt. Oh decisions decisions.
Here's a couple pics of the coil wire/ distributor damage. Cap and wires are new. It has been suggested to me that maybe the blaster 2 coil and the msd6al might be to much for 7mm wires. Still in the air on that one tho.View attachment 78582View attachment 78583View attachment 78584
Looks to me like you have to hot a spark there. I know you have spent a ton of money on this, but I would use the factory electronic set up, good for 7,000 rpm and you can use the factory wires.

Looks to me like you have to hot a spark there. I know you have spent a ton of money on this, but I would use the factory electronic set up, good for 7,000 rpm and you can use the factory wires.
It's possible. But too hot for what? The cap,the wires or both? I'll probly end putting an msd distributor and wires on before I go back to a stock set up. Not that I'm above the factory ingnition but as you stated I'm already pretty deep with the 6al set up between the box,coil and the wiring that I've done.

Today's project: I've been battling with radio placement as of late! Eventually the radio will be going in the dash in place of the 2 center vents. For now I've fashioned a rudimentary mounting system . It's not as pretty as I like but will do until I pull the dash.....at which time I will weld the holes I just made,rebuild the harness and make my spot for the radio. Here's a few pics of my mess!
Started out with a couple pieces of angle
image.jpeg

Split emdown the middle to follow the contour of the dash
image.jpeg

Painted both sides
image.jpeg

Mounted them to the bottom of the dash
image.jpeg

And finally mounted the radio
image.jpeg

Almost perfect ;)
image.jpeg

I'll probly come up with something to cover the ugly on the sides.....for now this'll do! Now I can listen to some zz some cash among other things.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Well...... Ma 6al decided to take a crap 6weeks outta warranty. So I figured it would be a good time for the next transmission swap. The current is slipping from 2nd to 3rd so the fella I got it from is giving me another. Now for the msd....according to msd I burned up the magnet something or another inside the box and will have to ship it back to them. Cost will be between 22 and 88 bucks. Hopefully 22 lol.

I think 3.23 gears would be the way to go in this car, 2.76 is way too tall. 3.23's are pretty common.

Well that sucks
Just a bit considering the holiday weekend . Woulda been nice to make the uncountable car shows and parades.
I think 3.23 gears would be the way to go in this car, 2.76 is way too tall. 3.23's are pretty common.
that would be the sweet spot. Eventually I'll regear the sure grip. For now I'll swap in the 2.76 for long trips

Little update for the ole boat! Well about 7weeks ago my MSD digital 6al took a crap on me on the way home from the parts store. To MSDs credit they warrantied it almost 3 months out of warranty. So I got my "fixed" box back Friday. I drove up to the gas station for my 25yr habit of reds in the box, drove home(3/4 mile) all was great. Let it cool.....check my fluids(I put trans #3 in) fire it up..... Ima guess 20 mins of total run time with the "repaired" box and it dies. The box took a sh*t again..... Hacked an ole Mopar hei I had in the top of the barn....and shes been "not bad" since. Had a Mopar brother come and confirm my wiring was as it should be and am still scratching my head as to why this thing doesn't like the MSD. So......I'm gonna send it back to them to fix it again . Not sure if I'm gonna keep it tho. But thanks to Ma Mopar I was able to cruise for the 4th!!
image.jpeg

Stan.. I know ......but...This is my 1st experience with them. Almost 3 months outta warranty they fixed it for free...didn't have to.... And shipped it back to me..... None the less 20 minutes of run time after a "warranty" repair...(they'll fix it again)....doesn't instill a lot of confidence from me. My biggest ***** is the time spent wiring the SOB. Either way Ma Mopar got me thru the 4th. Not sure why but I feel a tad more patriotic in my boat! So when I get it back..... MSD FOR SALE!! With full disclosure!;)

And yes I remember your statement!!" It's a $250 rev limiter " but, they've got a decent rep and do work.....ish....:/

Just a quick video of the ole C runnin. Haven't worked on it much this summer. Just enjoyed it!!

Last edited:
Back