1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

In the tune of jingle bells " oh what fun it is to get the paint off big block heads"!

20150326_200858.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend drilling holes in the leaf springs. There hardened, and tempered steel. You'd weaken them, and risk one breaking while out on the road.

Im thinking about doing the swap. According to 68plymouth383 the center pins are in different locations from ny to fury. C body bob syas its possible to move the center pins. Does this just in tail drilling a new whole for the guide pins or...?

Considering how hardened they are, I'm sure it wouldnt be a fun job either. Ill pull them out and compare them to the furys. I wonder if they are newyorker correct or from another c body . From the looks of it, theres been a lot of fingers in that car before mine.

It's possible there from something else that was made to fit. I hade a 68 monaco parts car, and from the factory it had 6 leafs per side. They were a heavy duty spring pack. It was a big block 4 door sedan. My big block fury had originally had 4 leafs on drivers side, and 5 leafs on passenger side stock.

As soon as i get a minute I'll pull them.Fighting for time now that spring is well springing! The honey do list is starting to knaw at my ear . I know the furys current springs are pretty soft and could use a replacement . Just remembered ive got a good spring g shop in town also. Thanks

Got the intake back from media blasting. A lil black paint on er should look nice against the hemi orange the motors gonna be.20150328_164001.jpg20150328_202206.jpg

20150328_164001.jpg

20150328_202206.jpg

Black intake on an orange motor is a good look. I painted my Torker 440 black with an orange engine back in the day. Black M/T valve covers

asset.php
Kinda the same look im going for tallhair. Hope to get the matching air cleaner for the valve covers.

Well I finally got the ole 318 out. Surprised by how willingly she came out. (My best Cheech voice)Does anybody wanna go for a ride my low rider? Now for a lil clean up and then wait for the call from the machine shop.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks goid. Now don't forget as many coats of clear as you can squeeze out of the spray can.
That was my question for this ,facetious or sincere? Will it help protect it from pitting or just give me a REALLY shiny steering wheel?:sSig_noob: Don't forget!

Back