1967 Plymouth Fury III 318

The underside held by 2 screws and a paper thin gasket that crumbled. Bulb is GE 330

View attachment 382612

View attachment 382613
Where is the Allen screw? Is it under the gasket in my photo below?
IMG_20200513_192209.jpg

Picked up my rebuilt 318 magnum and my original 727 today. The old man thought he'd help me out and paint everything. I'm a little frustrated because I don't think it was painted as well as I think I could have done it but it's not terrible. I don't think he used a primer and there are some spots with runs and some spots that are too light. I think I'm going to paint over it myself. Also, he didn't think I should paint the intake so he didn't. But I wanted the intake painted. Now I'm in the battle of do I paint it or not. I guess I can't complain too much. He only charged me $400 to rebuild the engine and replace gaskets, seals, and o rings in the transmission. He 81 and still kickin.

I bought Sanderson DD8 headers. They are silver ceramic. I didn't realize they would be so chrome looking. I won't fit in with the purists but I think they'll look alright.

I have to button come other things up first so I'm hoping I'll get it in by next weekend.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200615183254954_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200615183249410_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200615183242649_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200615185619610_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200615185633514.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Here is the hole. After the screw comes out the bulb and lens were still stuck. I was nervous because I didn't want to mess it up considering you can't find these turn signals anywhere.

View attachment 382659
Well I'm going to fell silly if that set screw has been hiding under that little piece of gasket that is left this whole time. I keep my car at my father's. I'll go over tonight and check it out.

Picked up my rebuilt 318 magnum and my original 727 today. The old man thought he'd help me out and paint everything. I'm a little frustrated because I don't think it was painted as well as I think I could have done it but it's not terrible. I don't think he used a primer and there are some spots with runs and some spots that are too light. I think I'm going to paint over it myself. Also, he didn't think I should paint the intake so he didn't. But I wanted the intake painted. Now I'm in the battle of do I paint it or not. I guess I can't complain too much. He only charged me $400 to rebuild the engine and replace gaskets, seals, and o rings in the transmission. He 81 and still kickin.

I bought Sanderson DD8 headers. They are silver ceramic. I didn't realize they would be so chrome looking. I won't fit in with the purists but I think they'll look alright.

I have to button come other things up first so I'm hoping I'll get it in by next weekend.
View attachment 382622 View attachment 382623 View attachment 382624 View attachment 382625 View attachment 382627

Well.....I completely understand when things don’t quite go as you plan.....despite your frustrations....I say you got a hell of a deal! And the engine looks great from Milford MA.
I look forward to getting my engine done this summer/fall too.

Yes. Here is the hole. After the screw comes out the bulb and lens were still stuck. I was nervous because I didn't want to mess it up considering you can't find these turn signals anywhere.

View attachment 382659
So I did find the set screw under the little piece of gasket. When I removed that, the lens and housing basically jumped out at me. I still haven't been able to twist the lens out of the housing. I've soaked with with some kroil and wd40. I just don't want to break anything so I'm goin to let it soak a little longer.

IMG_20200616_190324.jpg
IMG_20200616_222116.jpg
IMG_20200616_222155.jpg

Well.....I completely understand when things don’t quite go as you plan.....despite your frustrations....I say you got a hell of a deal! And the engine looks great from Milford MA.
I look forward to getting my engine done this summer/fall too.
I'm just going to touch it up a little bit and put it in. My car isn't going to the world of wheels anytime soon and I did get a good deal.

Last edited:
Today's adventures.
Dropped the gas tank. I had sprayed the rubber grommet in the rear, a few rattles back and forth while pulling and the filler neck let loose. I placed a jack with a square piece of plywood under the tank. Used an electric impact wrench on the rusty, grimey J bolts and pulled the tanks straps out of the way. Removed the vent hoses. Then had my Dad slowly lower the jack as I steadied the tank and then pulled the tank out on the jack. The car hasn't run in probably 5 years and apparently before we parked it the tank was pretty full.

I also mounted a new electric fuel pump on the passenger side frame rail just in front of the rear tire.
IMG_20200618_175437.jpg
IMG_20200618_194818.jpg

Today's adventures.
Dropped the gas tank. I had sprayed the rubber grommet in the rear, a few rattles back and forth while pulling and the filler neck let loose. I placed a jack with a square piece of plywood under the tank. Used an electric impact wrench on the rusty, grimey J bolts and pulled the tanks straps out of the way. Removed the vent hoses. Then had my Dad slowly lower the jack as I steadied the tank and then pulled the tank out on the jack. The car hasn't run in probably 5 years and apparently before we parked it the tank was pretty full.

I also mounted a new electric fuel pump on the passenger side frame rail just in front of the rear tire.
View attachment 383232 View attachment 383233

Not my place to tell you you business, but when using jack stands, you always want a back up plan such as wood blocks under the tires or frame rails. That way if some idiot hits your car while it is parked on the street it will not crush your chest.

Dave

Not my place to tell you you business, but when using jack stands, you always want a back up plan such as wood blocks under the tires or frame rails. That way if some idiot hits your car while it is parked on the street it will not crush your chest.

Dave
Understood. I'll see what I can find.

Hi Furyus67 - checking in. Any new updates?
Out here tinkering today. Since returning from the honeymoon I replaced the rear brake lines and hose.

Trying to get organized to put the motor back in. Test fitting the headers, power steering and motor mounts. Making sure everything is straight since I'm putting a magnum motor back in

Last edited:
Things really slowed down on the car since July. Between new married life, studying for work certifications, and a work trip to Germany, I hadn't been able to make much progress. Additionally, I broke one of the stud bolts that come in the magnum heads. Then I proceeded to snap an extractor off in the bolt. I ended up using the "Rescue Bit" extractor removal tool to drill everything out.

Yesterday I tapped the damaged threads, mounted the engine to the transmission, installed, and replaced the hood. It was a pretty successful day.
IMG_0020.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg

The work looks great - and another big milestone behind you. Congratulations! Soon enough you will be on the road driving.

I did some measuring today for wires. Prepping for the electric fuel pump, electric choke, and the headlight relays. My plan is to instal a box like seen below, under the battery tray. Still measuring for fit.
C9863211-16AD-4A3B-9D23-28729B73A85D.jpeg
BD1E398D-A3CA-422A-B58C-CA04B6435F5D.jpeg

Back