1967 Plymouth Fury III

Also I wanted to find out the Tallest tire I can run with out rubbing anything? I am going to try to compensate for the 4.10's in the rear?

Then you're defeating the purpose of the 4.10's in the first place.
Swap out to 3.92's or better yet 3.51's.

Beautiful car. My wife and I bought a '68 Fury 3 for our 20th anniversary last year. I had to buy it to replace her '65 Buick Riviera that I sold 15 years ago. Oops.

I absolutely love the 2.97's in my Challenger but in today's times with consistently pricy gas I think 3.23's should be the optimum gear.

I had a Sports Fury 3 Grand Coupe with that same setup. I removed the A/C in that thing to mske it go faster.

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
I understand it kinda defeats the purpose of the 4.10s. I know how gear ratios work, I regeared my lifted wrangler. I just want to make it turn a little less RPM. I will go with a regear eventually, but at the current time I can't afford to do that, the correct way.

so the latest thing of the day is Wheels, I am looking at putting a nice set of 15" chrome wheels on this old girl. I would like to run a wider tire now, Which backspace should i get 4 or 4-1/2" and lastly wheel width do i want 7" or 8" width. I don't want any rubbing if possible. Also would the same size rim work up front or do i want a 7" rim with the same backspacing?

Back