1967 Plymouth Fury III

15" rims, 4-1/2" back space, 6-1/2 to 7 wide, P235R/75-15's...

Mr. Commando1--

Think it might be possible to sneak a 255/70 R15 in there? I would like to do that on my '68. It is just slightly taller than the 235/75.

Dodgeboy--

Fantastic car and sorry to read about your dad. What a great tribute.

Last edited:
does that work on all four corners? or is that just for the rear?

Not sure. I play it wise by staying stock....
NEVER saw any kind of modification that didn't cause a problem elsewhere. Major or minor.
I'm the lone conservative here.....
You need to talk to Ross.

okay so one question i am constantly asked at every carshow and don't know the answer to is what is the color? would it be the medium copper?
also i had to replace the drivers side floorpan, minor rust, and now i want to replace the carpet. has anyone used someplace they would recommend?

never posted an interior shot:
DSC06945.jpg
and the floorboard work:
image (2).jpgimage-01.jpgimage-02.jpg

DSC06945.jpg

image (2).jpg

image-01.jpg

image-02.jpg

okay so one question i am constantly asked at every carshow and don't know the answer to is what is the color? would it be the medium copper?
also i had to replace the drivers side floorpan, minor rust, and now i want to replace the carpet. has anyone used someplace they would recommend?

Yes that is Medium Copper, it is the same color of my 67 Barracuda.

Alan

c2c fabrication. i trimmed it down to only replace the heavily rusted areas.
http://c2cfabrication.com/chrysler/plymouth/fury/

I still say these are better than nothing rust repair pieces, just one step above raw stock.

The various panel impressions are not as defined as original, for a floor pan this might work, in a trunk where it may be seen? For the money I’d just put raw stock in.

Alan

so i just ordered a power disc brake kit. so i figured i will need a new set of wheels to go with it since the stock ones are 14's. I would like to run a 15 x8 if possible. I would like a wider rear set of tires. will 255/70's fit, i see some one said they heard that someone had some rubbing? can any one confirm this? what backspacing works best? or would it be better to run 15 x 7's?

So after a year of having the car down because I hated the way the brakes were. I decided I needed to put something better on, and it arrived today!! Hello wilwood 6 piston brake kit. I got 12.19" drilled and slotted kit. It should match the master I put on over winter. I will post updates when I start installation, just need new wheels now.

14598900480291827691909.jpg

1459890146676-1816996965.jpg

Love the 67! I have a 67 Sport Fury Fast Top. Named after my late father-in-law, Walter. Looks to be the same color as well.

image.png

Sorry to hear about your dad. Mine has been gone for 12 years now and I miss him everyday. That is a beautiful 67 formal roof Fury III. I love the color combination & the Magnum 500 wheels painted body color is a great look with the solid raised white letter tires. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Back