1967 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible project

Hi all, an update since long time... I've been working with the D100 and the Duster, but had some time to work with the Fury also.

Last spring I decided to get back to everyone's favorite topic and fine tune the windows and ran into new things I had not taken care of. The window weatherstrips were pretty much shot.

Luckily there were new weatherstrips in eBay. They came even with new slides and pins.

Installation was easy and windows move now smoothly :)

A while backwards in this blog I posted about the broken guide part in the quarter window. Well, the glue did not hold and there obviously was something wrong with the regulator. I had to take both sides' regulators out and compare them and tadaa... The left side regulator had bent so that it could not have worked. Either it has happened a long time ago or then the first painter who I ditched had bent the part when dissambling the car.

Now a new fix with tiny tiny bolt :D

This should be pretty straigth connection, it required really heavy bending to get it back. Someone had really abused it earlier.

We did a long road trip last summer to Sweden. We drove about 1700 miles and without any problems. Earlier in the summer the engine started to make ticking sound and it came louder just before the trip. I flushed the engine oils and put new oils in before the roadtrip as well as put a bottle of STP Engine treatment. That made the sound go more silent and it disappears from time to time. Hopefully it is only the lifters, I plan to check that still during the winter. But I have to first get this monster ready and move aside :D The engine for the Duster. 340 with 292/.508 purple cam, 587 heads with 2.02 intake valves, forged Ross racing pistons and forged crankshafts, Weiand tunnel ram and 2x390 cfm Holleys.

Back