1967 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible project

Rockauto promised to change it, but I think I go with the soldering too, the same problem would occur with a new one. Pretty weak soldering in the factory, all I did was pushing the hoses to pipes and that was enough to make it loose...

GUESS WHAT, THE CAR IS PAINTED :yaayy:

Well actually it has been painted for a few weeks now, just been too busy putting it together.

Once I got the car back, it did not start so easy. I renewed the fuel pump, but it did not help
and actually there was one loose connection in the new fuel line and it sucked air
from that. Once that was solved and fuel start flowing, I lost the spark. And eventually
it turned out that the coil was dead. After changing that the engine started running smoothly
after 2,5 years of break.

Well, pretty soon it started to smoke from the exhaust and there was a lot of red fluid on
the floor....

The other transmission cooler line had a hole in it:

So I had to redo also those (probably the only line that was NOT done yet ):

Then when putting the other line into its place, I noticed that the flare nut was not straight. Took it
off and noticed that I had managed to destroy the threads on the fitting... :BangHead: And those fittings
are not easy to find from Finland. There was one place, should be in post today. But if the flare nut
is bad too, then I have a problem. Those nuts are nowhere to be found in Finland. Already
found one set in Ebay in Canada for 20$, I ordered that set just in case.

But even though the car does not run now because of those "little" challenges,
I have had plenty to do. I've been working with the interior, especially seats. The back seat frame
was a bit rusted, and required some new sheet metal:

All the wiring has been done and everything works as they should. The frontend
looks like Fury again:

And back too:

So close, but so far:

The thread in lower part is more cone in the original and I do not dare to screw the new one in as I have the originals coming.

The biggest challenge so far seems to be the quarter windows, is there anyone who could help on that? It totally jams in the middle and if you go over that with force, it will end to this part failure :(

The biggest challenge so far seems to be the quarter windows, is there anyone who could help on that? It totally jams in the middle and if you go over that with force, it will end to this part failure :(

It might help IF I would first read the FSM and then try... :crybaby2:

Quarter window.jpg

The left hand side tracks are on the wrong side, I manage to mix them up.
Well, the positive thing is that tomorrow I shall get them ready :)
(if of course that broken part's glue holds...)

Quarter window.jpg

I just went through the quarter window thingie a few days ago. HowTF did the assembly line workers do that 8 - 10 hours every day? Hazardous duty pay?

I just went through the quarter window thingie a few days ago. HowTF did the assembly line workers do that 8 - 10 hours every day? Hazardous duty pay?

My thoughts exactly from yesterday. That window installation position in the line must have been everyones favorite.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Well, the tranny cooling fittings have not arrived yet...

But in the mean while been putting the things together.

Rear seats ended up like this:

I just read the thread, lots of good work being done and love all the pic's, keep up the good work

The car is really coming together jippek. Looks great! How does your new ACC carpet look?

The carpet is not on yet, but it seems excellent material, hopefully fits. Car should be ready in couple of weeks, to-do list:
- Windshield and windshield wiper mechanisms
- Weatherstrips
- Door windows and mechanisms
- Carpet
- Seats
- trims
- bumpers

Not so much or still a lot :)

Great Job,!!!!!!
I have a 67 Sport Fury 383 car. My resto is almost complete (could use some better rear tail lenses!) But I noticed in your pics that there is no jack mount like the hard tops. Do you have any idea how the spare tire and jack mounts?

Back