1967 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible project

Great Job,!!!!!!
I have a 67 Sport Fury 383 car. My resto is almost complete (could use some better rear tail lenses!) But I noticed in your pics that there is no jack mount like the hard tops. Do you have any idea how the spare tire and jack mounts?

Thank you :) I think that they are located in the right corner of the trunk and I don't think there has been any mounts for it, at least I did not have anything before cutting everything :)

Guess what the post brought:

Must be some Canadian humour... :laughing4:

Well, these were in, now I get finally to move the car with its own engine.

I have covered now all the floors and the trunk also from sides with bitumen, first piece installed:

And the floor:

I also made a new rear seat backboard, in this picture going under paint...

I was missing the clips for the windshield trims and bought them from Murray,
seems that he sent NOS parts:

And for those who were also wondering the lower trim clips, they are like this and attached
to trim itself and pushed to frame:

Windshield going into its place:

And tadaa, there it is.

Last edited:
I'll have the Crackerfuls on hand!! :D
I knew it :D

Ok, some pictures.

Installing a convertible top for the first time was a bit of a challenge...

I'll show the end result within seconds...

Some Steele Rubber stuff going into it's place:

Floor carpet installation ongoing:

Ladies and Playboys, may I present the ready car :yaayy:

I've driven now about week with it, some 500 miles and she runs like a dream. The brakes were initially pretty
rough because of the new shoes and old drums, but already now quite smooth. I had managed to broke
the wiper motor while "restoring" it, but luckily had one extra spare part motor and that
seemed to work :) Some fine tuning needs to be done, the quarter window on the left side
does not work properly, the bushings in the transmission linkage has to be changed,
I've ordered the fan shroud from Murray as well as some window guides etc. AND I'm
missing that one white bar in the fender...

Great looking car; you're a Center cap short on the rear left Road Wheel it seems though.

After all this work and the Fury back on the road, you must feel like a king of the world or something? I know I would...

I do feel like this :yaayy:

Nice that I have summer vacation so I can just drive and enjoy... hopefully the weather gets better too :)

Amazing job on your car, it looks awesome. John. I sent you a pm.

Long time, no update.

After the last update, I mainly enjoyed cruising and the car works like a dream. Still
had some minor things to do and some minor things needed to be done. I got the missing
fender emblems from John, thank you!

Below some stuff I have been upto.

Before starting the resto, I had some challenges with heat. Especially on slow cruises on
hot summer days, the engine heated way too much. So I decided to get a fan shroud
in place. Got an original shroud from Murray.
Familiar pictures again :D

And tadaa, at least this summer there wasn't any single day that the engine would
have over heated. And the July was hot, almost +30 celsius degrees the whole month.

I had acquired another cauge cluster, because the old one was very rusty.
Basically the cauges were good, but the base was so rusty that I did not
want to install that. If I only had realized how easy it would have been to
change original cauges (especially the speed meter), I would have saved
my self unnecessary headache...

After the first 100 miles, the speedo jumped heavily when moving from 99 to next hundred.
Well, I thought that it would be just a bit stiff after being unused who knows how long.
But when the next 100 miles went over, the speedo just get jumping and the odometer
stopped moving totally.

As it turned out, the other odometer had been broken in the first place, I
could see from the numbers that it had been scratched. And in the plastic
cover there was a small hole --> someone had made a hole and "helped" the
odometer to go forward every time this happened...

Well, I noticed how easily the original speedo/odometer came off of the
original cluster and started to change that one.

But of course when putting this one back together, I was tightening things
and wrapping things up... This happens:

One of those stubs broke and I needed to fix that with one through bolt...

The gear linkage position had changed a bit and the gear selection at the
tranny end did not always go to "P" position preventing the ignition. "N" worked
every time. I went under the car my self and asked my son to go back and forth
with the gears, I noticed that the shaft bushing was in very bad shape. So small
fix for that:

Well, other than those, I think there has not been any problems. One thing I need to
do this winter is to adjust the windows, they are not aligned as well as they could be.
I'll post an update when progressing with that.

What else I've been upto...

Got the next project under work:

1971 Plymouth Duster, a build thread ongoing: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=283464

And just 1 week ago I got a birthday gift for my wife...

So I got my work again cut out for myself :D

Yes, let's see what comes out of that, that will be the driver when we go together with my wife only
2 of us. Or perhaps three of us, our new baby (dog) called Viivi might join :).

BTW, I was so nice last year that the Santa Claus brought me a new camera, the old one
made it only through the Fury build :D Some fresh photos with the new camera from few minutes ago.

Fan shroud installed:

And all the bars :D

Back