WANTED 1967 VIP Fury clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmuscle68

Reaction score
Contact seller
My clock that has been modified to quartz works but the stem to set it has something wrong...doesn't set the hands just pull it and turns and hands don't move. Anyone know of someone who repairs these ?
Thanks for any info....

I don't know of a vendor. However, you could disconnect the battery, and when the time-of-day (or night, whichever is closer or convenient) matches what your clock hands are, reconnect the battery and you're all set. Repeat twice a year for Daylight Saving...

I know my suggestion might sound like a joke, but this is often done with difficult to access clocks in buildings, or when there are numerous clocks are on the same power circuit, particularly for DST changes during the weekend. The tech waits either one hour or 23 hours to restart the clock(s). :)

Last edited:
Those quartz conversion kits are notorious for stripping the hand set cog - cheap soft plastic. If you complain to Instrument Services who make and sell those kits, they will send you new cogs, but it still means pulling the clock and re'n're the cog, and who knows how long the new cheap soft plastic cog will last.

I don't know of a vendor. However, you could disconnect the battery, and when the time-of-day (or night, whichever is closer or convenient) matches what your clock hands are, reconnect the battery and you're all set. Repeat twice a year for Daylight Saving...

I know my suggestion might sound like a joke, but this is often done with difficult to access clocks in buildings, or when there are numerous clocks are on the same power circuit, particularly for DST changes during the weekend. The tech waits either one hour or 23 hours to restart the clock(s). :)
I do the same trick every year with the older, electric clocks (which can be turned forward, but shoudln't be turned backwards) I have...... especially when daylight savings ends.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back