For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300-440 4speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an old post
It actually had a lime green engine compartment.

image.png

Nice car!. If it looks that good in person it's worth the coin but not on here...
Remember what it costs in real life to build nice cars. There are wonderfully talented people on here restoring their barges with love and spending money. My compliments to the builds on here.

awwwwww get some mopar grease to stop the whining noise
it does not have AC...
someone converted it so it's a fake
they did not make this car in a 4 speed in 1968

Check the parts manual for 1968 and see if the 4 speed parts are listed....:popcorn:

I don't think that is the same car as in the old post.

I spoke to the owner of the (all gold) car that's for sale about 6 weeks ago. He said he has owned the car for a while and never really intended on the manual conversion until he was strolling the swap meet in Carlisle and came across the 4 spd set up. Knowing how rare they are, he snapped it up and performed the surgery himself. He was a stickler for doing it the way the factory would have, right down to the aforementioned shift indicator block off plate.

The motor was re-done to TNT specs and he is rather proud of it's factory appearance. We chatted for a bit and he seems a decent sort. He is a bit flexible on the price, just not flexible enough for my cheap ***. :rolleyes:

So now there are two of none.
Interesting...
I really kinda like the gold one.
So are C body consoles different then B bodies, if so how?
Does anyone's have one in blue?

So now there are two of none.
Interesting...
I really kinda like the gold one.
So are C body consoles different then B bodies, if so how?
Does anyone's have one in blue?
I have a console out of a 70 Charger and one from a 69 C body, they look the same to me, and have the same top plates. I don't need the '69, it's black but you can dye/paint them.

Never say never with Mopar. I know of a 68 Fury VIP 440HP 4-speed with Air which wasn't supposed to be made. But there is factory documentation that the 4-speed wasn't available on the 68 Chryslers. Galen's latest version of his White Books has good production numbers on the 1968 C Bodies and he doesn't have any 4 speed 68 Chryslers listed. So I'd like to see proof that car was made/existed.
no way for a picture after 45 years. It was definitely a 68, as a few months later I purchased another 68 with a bad timing chain and fixed it, drove to Phoenix. I t was even the same color. I have had 10 68's thru 1986, and put a bunch of miles on them. So I am very familiar with them. As of today, I still have a 66 new yorker, 2 67's, Newport and New Yorker, and a 68 300
And for what it's worth, Galen also told me my 67 does not exist according to his records either. (Contacted his office in 2000) so I don't put much stock in the reliability of the Documentation.

I was going to send the required amount of coin to govier to research my 66 fury III factory 440 4 speed disc brake wagon but I figured he would say one was not built or in existence so I saved the coin.

of course! if he can't find a reord, it doesn't exist! Maybe pay him more?:rofl:
Only based off records he was able to get from a certain amount of dealerships. How many were already closed when he started looking for the documents? How many dealers did he actually get numbers from? I've always been amazed at the level of truth certain enthusiasts put on a GG report. If he only has records for one 67 Hemi Belvedere with a steering wheel knob, then Der, of course it's one of one. I'm happy knowing my cars are one of the 136,*** full size Dodges built in '66. He was put on a pedestal long ago, and many have helped raise that higher.

Very cool car. Being picky though, I can't see the firewall support rods. And I do have a blue 68 C 4spd console.. not sure what the question was..

They in deed did offer the option in 1968.. In 1975 I attempted to purchase a 1968 New Yorker with the factory 440 HP Four speed, disc brakes,Road wheels, console/Tach with Buckets. It had 40k on it, and The elderly Gentleman was the original owner.
He wanted $800.00 for it. Unfortunately Being in the Military at the time I could not react soon enough to buy it.
Never say never with Mopar. I know of a 68 Fury VIP 440HP 4-speed with Air which wasn't supposed to be made. But there is factory documentation that the 4-speed wasn't available on the 68 Chryslers. Galen's latest version of his White Books has good production numbers on the 1968 C Bodies and he doesn't have any 4 speed 68 Chryslers listed. So I'd like to see proof that car was made/existed.

Hergfest is *extremely* knowledgable about 4-speed C's.
We have factory info suggesting that 65 and 67 are the only 2 years for 4-speed in a Chrysler C-body.
We have a 45-year-old memory of an elderly man's professed pedigree of his car.

Until better documentation comes to light that some 68s do indeed exist, we should stay with the official info and not confuse things.

The motor was re-done to TNT specs and he is rather proud of it's factory appearance. We chatted for a bit and he seems a decent sort. He is a bit flexible on the price, just not flexible enough for my cheap ***. :rolleyes:

I thought that is 68 ALL 440s were turquoise blue for Cs??

We have factory info suggesting that 65 and 67 are the only 2 years for 4-speed in a Chrysler C-body.
In '85-'87 I lived in Carson City, NV. In my church was a man who taught Auto Body at Carson HS. His good friend taught Auto Mechanics. The friend lived in Washoe Valley and had a small collection of Mopars. He had some Letter 300s. One was a J or K, I don't remember, but it was a factory 4-speed. I know I was aghast when he told me he had replaced the 413 with a 383! However, the interior looked great!!

That car would have been a '63 or 4. Now, I realize that neither is a "C Body;" is that what you mean by '65 and 7 only?

I have yet to see anyone produce documentation of a factory (NOT dealer) 1968 Chrysler 4-speed.
I confidently feel that there were a few.
Please. Anybody. Documents?

Hergfest is *extremely* knowledgable about 4-speed C's.
We have a 45-year-old memory of an elderly man's professed pedigree of his car.

Until better documentation comes to light that some 68s do indeed exist, we should stay with the official info and not confuse things.
elderly man? Ouch!
I presently live with 27 classic Mopars from 1965 thru 77 in my Garage, and have owned most of them 20 plus years. Including four chryslers 67-68 newport,new Yorker, and 300.
my memory is as clear today as it was then.

elderly man? Ouch!
I presently live with 27 classic Mopars from 1965 thru 77 in my Garage, and have owned most of them 20 plus years. Including four chryslers 67-68 newport,new Yorker, and 300.
my memory is as clear today as it was then.
Trying to start a private conversation with you but it’s giving me an error, your box full? Anyways I know what you mean buddy.^^^^:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back