1968 Chrysler 300 Driver Door Hinge - Door check

Andrew Ryan

Reaction score
I've misplaced my chrysler repair manual. My driver Door check stopped working. I see plenty of hinge replacements for sale but the hinges are fine. 1) is there a repair available? I'm guessing it's a spring. 2) does the hinge need to be removed to repair the door check?

mrs49

Reaction score
I've misplaced my chrysler repair manual. My driver Door check stopped working. I see plenty of hinge replacements for sale but the hinges are fine. 1) is there a repair available? I'm guessing it's a spring. 2) does the hinge need to be removed to repair the door check?
I don't know what your missing, my 67-300 was missing spring and roller. I found some one on this site with hinges for sale, and after about three tries and eight hours I was a winner. I didn't try to take the hinges off, I just worked in the gap and replaced the pieces, and it was hell! Good luck. Hope someone can be of more help.

CBODY67

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I can't see the back or inside of the hinge to able to tell.
The link the spring attaches to is very visible, in plain sight, as they say. The roller it contacts is on a separate pin, also in plain sight. Usually on the lower hinge, IIRC.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Andrew Ryan

Reaction score
Is the spring gone?
No the spring is still there.

20220925_110634.jpg

Reaction score
Yup, looks like the roll pin has failed.
I rebuilt my hinges recently- all just hardware store parts.
A mirror on a stick is useful, along with a bright flashlight. Hopefully the roller is still there and just one end of the roll pin has sheared/rusted away. If not, I made a new roller from the shank of a bolt, drilled it through and installed it with a new roll pin. Details on my '66 Fury thread.