For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300 FastTop Two Owner Classic Unmolested Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billinkansas

Reaction score
Contact seller
OK Mopar fans, I appreciate the good info here, and I am giving you first crack at this great all original, unrestored, unmolested 1968 Chrysler 300 before I list on the usual channels. I had absolutely no intention of flipping this car when I bought it a few months ago. I was enjoying having it around and was making plans over the winter for spiffing it up. However, another car followed me home and sadly I need to part with this one as I just do not have room for it. It is a bittersweet time here in Kansas for sure. This car would be a candidate for show quality restoration if someone wanted to take it that far.

I am the second owner of this car – it has a recent clean Kansas title. It has obviously been garaged for its entire life, including now. I have a copy of the original Missouri title, factory special order sheet, owner’s manual. Also a service manual and dealer color and trim book. The mileage is 96,XXX.
The car drives nicely and runs very well. I haven’t gotten around to looking at the choke or carb. The 440 runs very smoothly after just a minute or so. The transmission works great, and downshifts properly when called upon. The car will get up and go, and a 50 to 80 mph stomp is pretty impressive.
The interior is in good shape. The only issues are some stitching pulled out on the passenger side, and the driver’s door upholstery is loose in a couple of small spots. The floors are solid and the carpet in great shape. The original floor mats are included. Headliner is perfect. The left turn signal catch doesn’t hold – turn signal works fine, just need to hold down for left turn. Right turn signal works as it should. It has both wing window vent and lower vents. Gosh I miss those on the newer cars! Crank windows all work properly – desirable on older cars, IMHO. Heater works great. Have not used AC – it will need to be charged. The original radio is there and works.

Things are pretty clean under the hood. The battery is older but is working. Negative cable was replaced. The water pump is new. The hidden headlights door motor was replaced with a NOS motor. I haven’t driven at night very much, but I think the headlights could probably use some aligning. Alternator works fine, as does power steering and power drum brakes. This car has the big drums. New radiator hoses were purchased and are in the trunk. A new set of belts was also on my radar but I have not purchased them. The existing belts do look ok for now.

The paint is the original Polar White. There are some surface spots, mostly on the left rear fender which had been badly touched up before I got the car. There is a very small divot on the top of the passenger front fender, and another small one on the rear bumper to the left of the license plate. The chrome and stainless are excellent. I just purchased some proper Polar White professional grade touch up aerosol and spot-dob bottle. There is a little rust forming under the drivers side rear wheel well.

The tires still have tread but are quite old, and I wouldn’t get on the open road with them for very far. They are 14” radials on the original steel wheels and hubcaps. I purchased a set of 5 Mopar road wheels with chrome centers and trim rings that I was going to use with new tires. The painted section was done in proper Polar white and clear-coated. I have new RH and LH chrome lugnuts. My “new” car has a tolerable set of Michelin 235/75/15 whitewall tires that I can throw in and have mounted on the road wheels if someone wants them. They are not new but would get you down the road for a while without spending additional $$. The spare is the original Goodyear bias ply which has never seen the sun or the road!

$9,200 O.B.O. The car is in my garage in Lawrence, KS, 50 miles from the Kansas City airport. I will pick you up if you want to fly in to see the car.

Anyhow, that’s the scoop on the 300. I have enjoyed my brief time in Moparland. I hope I am not sorry for letting this fabulous car go. Let’s hope it finds a great new home!!

A whole bunch of photos and videos of the car can be seen online at http://1drv.ms/1x78qK3 It will work best with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers. Be patient - it takes a second or two for the pictures to sharpen up.

Call or text Bill K. at PM tools, or email pm him.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one sweet looking 300, best of luck finding a new home for it.

Thanks for the good words and banter. Yes, it is a great car and I already miss it.

Just to add to the initial listing post, the car should have no problem making a long distance run, but will need better tires, and probably hoses and belts to be safe. I have put 2 tanks of premium gas through it, one with a bottle of Techron. It runs better each time - pretty nicely in fact now.

Check out the videos on the link. You might need to wait for them to load.

Still hoping that one of you Moparians will snatch it up.

Very nice looking car! I’m sorry to hear that you have to part with it, from what I hear these cars are getting harder and harder to find. Good luck with the sale!

Oh sure, a month after getting my car this one shows up located closer to me, and in my old hometown! :D

Gorgeous car, wish I had a bigger pocket book and garage. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back