For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300 FastTop Two Owner Classic Unmolested Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the road wheels mainly to make the change to 15" for future disc brakes. The 15' seem like a good idea, also as the selection of 14" rubber is pretty slim.

I think they would look great with the matching polar white ... with blackwalls of course. Not only do I hate the busy look of whitewalls, I like to mess with the MoparNazis. :pimp4:

Come on, Fred. You know Road Wheels on Slab is a violation of FCBO Rules of Etiquette. :D

It would look great with a set of these and I think those white wheels would look good too

mopp_0912_25_+restoration_parts_buyers_guide+mopar_wheels.jpg

OK guys, the old 14" tires are really old, so I am going to molest this car by putting on the road wheels. I bought a set of BFG Long Trails for my new car, but it looks wrong and I'm going to try to find some decent whitewalls for it (hate whitewalls except on dark colored cars). Going to take a bit of a bath on the BFG's, but they are nice smooth running tires and the 300 needs tires badly.

Question: on the Mopar road wheels - should I have them mounted black side our or white letters out?

Are they RWL or Raised white outline?

If they were BFG Radial T/A's I'd definitely say white letters out .. but if they look like these I'd probably say in

bfg_rdl_lg_trl_ta_owl_ci3_l.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Looks real good either way. Maybe the Polar White wheels and fenders don't need another white in between.

Leaving town today - swapping the tires out late week or weekend.

Does anyone know of a decent whitewall in a 235/75/15? There is the Mastercraft AS-IV which is just ok I guess, and the Maxis MA-1 which might be a better tire but is made overseas. Maybe that's ok? I don't want to spend for the Coker specials, especially after taking a bath on the Long Trails.

Interested in a trade? 03 tahoe,67 fury and possibly a wife? I love that those 300's! Very nice car!!!

Hey, I'm from Michigan and can deliver a nice 300 in early - mid May

Can't take another car. Will consider some vintage Mcintosh audio equipment towards it though!

Looks good. Good luck with the sale.

BTW 10's aren't "the" big brakes

Things are clean under the hood. The alternator works fine, as does power steering and power drum brakes. This car has the big 10" drums and stops very well. New radiator hoses were purchased and are in the trunk.

10's are the standard power brakes for a B or C of this year group at least

Last edited:
Please don't sell it to anyone in South Central Florida.
It would kill me to see it and know that I could have bought it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back