1968 chrysler newport custom coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi guys, i have decided to sell this car off for parts, i don't really need anything out of it at all, so have a look at her and see if you are interested, its complete except for a radiator and has 15in rims on her, but the wheel covers are all there. I am asking 600 dollars for it, the car is located in Greenville NC, cheers,
Gary

1968 chrysler coupe.jpg

1968 chrysler coupe-1.jpg

1968 chrysler coupe-2.jpg

1968 chrysler coupe-3.jpg

1968 chrysler coupe-4.jpg

1968 chrysler coupe-5.jpg

1968 chrysler coupe-6.jpg

Best way to put it .........

Believe it or not that's the instant "vibe" I got when I looked at the front shot....I remember my uncle having one of these way back in the day, this one looks like it's frowning for sure.

Yah as the advert says good for parts, but some people like a challenge?

It is sad. I started a resto on a 68 Newport sportgrain that looked even better then this car. I built the engine, rebuilt all the brakes, finished the interior and had located a few NOS and nice used parts...... And was already over the value of the car before body, paint & chrome.
I ended up trading it off before finishing it.

That's why I keep about every car I have. Even hard with some models when you have a low mileage long storage car, after you're through with brakes, fluids, seals couple of other basics and maybe partial repaint for some retiree low speed collision repair you're over break even point.

Hard to stay above water. Totaling all that was done to my car from buying, to paint, to exhaust, to vinyl roof and headliner, to getting some NOS side marker lamps, to engine work (fuel system, ignition, power steering, transmission, belts, hoses) I am right around $4500 on a car worth around $3450. Fortunately besides mechanical work I can do paint and body work. With 8 cars I am fully equipped with all the necessary body work and painting tools and materials from sand paper, to spray equipment to welding equipment. Just can't do a vinyl roof or headliner from scratch.

My time, well that is my therapy where I get away from my office and don't have to talk and explain things to anybody all day.

If you're restoring a C body, it HAS to be for the love, because it's impossible to do it for the profit. I'm upside down in all of my cars, I imagine...but I don't care. It's all worth it when I'm behind the wheel in my time machines blowing peoples minds.

The really awarding thing is to have an outstanding example for myself even if it is a little patinated but original, too many low budget restos with bad repaint and other compromises due to their low value, I'd never be happy with sth. like that.

If you're restoring a C body, it HAS to be for the love.
Very true..... It costs as much to restore a Chrysler 300 as it does to do the same on a Plymouth GTX..... Resulting in a huge unbalance of value.

This is why I really enjoy this site and the members here. Most of us are truly enthusiastic about out cars with value being secondary. We find ways to go about improving our cars without the benefit of 1-800 or
WWW.chinesecrap.com. This is a great place to network with other owners of all types.

I for one really do appreciate you guys and all the help and support y'all have provided, even though most of you are truly misguided and have wierd tastes and are highly opinionated.

The really awarding thing is to have an outstanding example for myself even if it is a little patinated but original, too many low budget restos with bad repaint and other compromises due to their low value, I'd never be happy with sth. like that.

Excellent point! I share the same thoughts, original over roygh resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back