For Sale 1968 Dodge D100 pickups (x2) in OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
OK, gents, due to job loss at the end of October, I'm selling both of my '68 D100 trucks. I have three other older Mopars for sale, as well, and I'm looking to sell three or four of the five. By the same token, I'm not desperate, and am asking a fair price for each.

I'm going to initially describe both at the same time, since they are identical trucks overall. I'll go through what is the same on both, then go over the differences each. These are both '68 D100 LWB 4x2 pickups, blue with white top, 318 automatic, heater, factory AM radio, full gauges, 3.55 8-3/4" rears. Both have step bumpers and the factory chrome fronts, with aluminum grilles. Both have toasty heaters. Neither has working radios. Both have current Oklahoma titles and are both in MY name.

Now, for the lowered truck - It has a Sid's 3" drop front axle with rear shackle extensions that lower the rear three inches, as well. I've been driving this truck for about a month now, and it drives wonderfully! I just replaced the timing chain and gears, and while things were apart, I repainted the block in Mopar Red. This truck really looks good! No bumpsteer! Nearly everything in the front end is new or rebuilt. The springs and hangars are original. The axle has new kingpins, new tie rod ends and a new tie rod, new bearings, completely new brakes, brake kits and hoses, along with new wheel cylinders. The rear has new brakes and cylinders, too. New master cylinder. New spark plugs. Sid's in Guthrie, OK did the front axle work, and custom-built the tie rod. The trim on this is in great condition. Paint, I'd put as a seven of ten, with the exception of the hood, which has "patina". The rockers and steps were professionally replaced by the guy who owned it before the guy I bought the truck from. I've had the truck 3-1/2 years. Glass is all good. The doors shut tight, and the windows roll up and down smoother and tighter than ANY other Swepty I've ever owned! It has the factory gauges, but since the temp gauge is inop, it has an underdash temp gauge mounted. New Mopar battery. New voltage regulator and rebuilt alternator. All of the lights work, except the dash lamps (hi-beam lamp works). Tires are matching Goodyear 215-70R15 whitewalls, mounted on chrome reverse 15x6 in front and stock Chrysler 15x6 wheels in back. All studs are RH thread. Still has the factory spare tire hanger underneath! Single exhaust, all stock. Starts first time, every time. Tracks well down the road. Very tight and straight. This truck has been done up as a Fargo, with the fender emblems, hood letters and tailgate.

Price is $7,950 cash money. I'm really NOT interested in trades.

The other D100 is identical to the lowered truck in appearance, overall. It came from TX originally, and spent some time in KS before being parked, then resurrected, and sold to me in OK. It is stock height. All trim is good. There is rust in the rockers, but the steps and other normal rust areas are pretty damn nice! The rest of the truck is very straight, clean, and extremely little rust. The truck has all-new brakes front and back, along with front outer wheel bearings and tie rod ends. It has a great-sounding 2-1/4" dual exhaust from the manifolds to the tailpipes, with 36" glasspacks that have the absolute best sound around! The transmission has been gone through. Battery is recent. Glass is all good, with minor clouding along the base of the windshield. Doors shut well, though sometimes the DS door needs a little assist. Windows roll up and down. Heater is very toasty! Gauges all work as they are supposed to. AM radio is inop. All of the lights work. I have a 3" square-tube front bumper on the truck,, but a bent factory chrome front bumper and brackets go with the truck. Diamond-tread toolbox in the bed. The following additional parts are NEW: Wiper blades, heater hoses and clamps, filters, headlights, spark plugs, coolant, 235-75R15 radial blackwall tires on repainted 15x7 Chrysler cop wheels and cop caps. Heater cable and shut-off valve. Battery is recent.

Price is $4,250 cash money. Again, NOT interested in trades!

Trucks are in OKC, OK. Both have been garaged and covered since I have owned them, which has been 3-1/2 years for the lowered truck, and 2-1/2 years for the stock truck. It is the responsibility of the BUYER to arrange ALL transportation arrangements. Send me a PM and I'll get back with you, thanks! --- Patrick

NOTE: The top truck is $4,250, the bottom is $7,950. The lowered truck also has the chrome reverse wheels up front and the factory 15" steels in back, with four matching Goodyear tires as described above.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

68engine02.jpg

68.2.jpg

dodge68iowa.jpg

fargo d100-01.jpg

I went to the link and it says you half to be a Member to View the Site.

Sorry to hear that you have to resort to selling the toys off Patrick. I've done it myself in the past when things were tight.
There's no shame in taking care of business.
All the best with the sale(s)
Tom

Both of the trucks are still for sale. I want to keep the Coronet and the Imperial, so these really should find new homes. If someone were interested in BOTH trucks, I'd be interested in a possible trade with cash my way.

What types of things would you take in trade, bang sticks???:head_smack:

Sorry to hear about your situation and hope things get back on track for you soon. Nice trucks BTW. Sold a 69 Fargo Camper Special 5 years ago.

The cheaper truck now has a new battery, a new fuel pump and filter, and a used alternator I had in my stash-o-stuff.

I would give serious consideration to trade BOTH trucks for a later-model Dodge or Ford pickup, gas or Diesel, 4x2 or 4x4, must be in the $12K - $13K range and have a clear title in the SELLER'S name. NO salvage titles, NO "gee, I lost the title!" BS stories, and NO garbage! Both of my trucks have current Oklahoma tags and titles in MY name; I expect any trade to have ALL of the documentation in order, as well.

Also entertaining trades of one or both trucks on one of the following, though I'd MUCH prefer a cash deal!:

1) 1975 - 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham or Gran Fury Brougham 2-dr in triple black, prefer a BB, but a 360 would be OK. Would consider a 4-dr, but it would have to be NICE!

2) 1969 Sport Fury, any engine, prefer BB, would consider '70-'71, as well.

3) 1975 - 1978 NYB 2-dr, any color, 400/440 preferred.

4) CA$$$$H!!!

I love them, but people prefer C10s i guess. But Dodges have a meaner look IMO.

68_Dodge_8.jpg

I've seen worse trucks priced a LOT higher and sell! I don't flippin' get it.

Sorry, Patrick... my love is for Formals... I like your trucks alot, but I use what I have because they're cheap and easy to get parts for. I dont kill them, but I do work them pretty hard. Drivers here suck too... commute traffic has killed a few of my cars in Orlando. Maybe when tax returns start to come in you'll get a nibble.

I was just showing my 12yo son these pickups this morning and he really likes them - as do I.

Nothing hard about getting parts for Swepties! I've owned over a dozen over the past 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back