1968 electric windows

Doug Steding

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Chrysler Newport 2 door convertible and need drivers side rear window motor the one I have is locked up
the stamp number on housing is 2520903 there is a sticker with number 5143925m020wm
cant seem to cross it with anything any help will be greatly appreciated

1968 newport drivers side window motor.jpg

newport drivers side rear window motor.jpg

These are brand new direct replacements.

Driver Side: Dorman Power Window Motors 742-301
Passener Side: Dorman Power Window Motors 742-300[/QU
chrysler power window motor in Other Parts | eBay

I currently have several window motors that were from a 1974 Chrysler operating in my 67 imperial. Motor is the same bracketry is different and you can swap out the brackets.
These are brand new direct replacements.

Driver Side: Dorman Power Window Motors 742-301
Passener Side: Dorman Power Window Motors 742-300
I am new to this when I go to order it says its not right motor I guessing you have proved that wrong lol

These motors are a bit smaller than the originals, but bolt right in with no modifications other than splicing in the original electrical connectors. I replaced all 4 motors in my 66 Town and Country and haven't had any problems. Found them on Amazon so cheap I picked up spares for each side for backup.

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

It is important to note that there are left and the rights if that wasn’t painfully obvious already.:rolleyes:

About the only thing that changed on them was the electrical plug. The basic motor was the same from late 50's to the 90's so a window motor from any Mopar from that time period will fit any other Mopar.

Kevin

About the only thing that changed on them was the electrical plug. The basic motor was the same from late 50's to the 90's so a window motor from any Mopar from that time period will fit any other Mopar.

Kevin
Not so fast, I’ve just learned recently that the 67 and later gear housing has a different bolt pattern and you can’t install them on the earlier regulators.

Not so fast, I’ve just learned recently that the 67 and later gear housing has a different bolt pattern and you can’t install them on the earlier regulators.

So the Dorman motors I posted will not bolt up to a '68 regulator? I've seen motors from an '80 Diplomat that looked exact to the motors from my '65. Bolt holes were the same pattern and they lined up.

I swapped motors from an 84 5th Ave into my 66. When the plastic innards disintegrated in those I got some from a 76 Newport and there was a slight difference, that being they changed the clock position of the little screw that holds the lid on it to one of the 3 holes that bolt the motor to the regulator. I just used the remaining 2 holes to mount it with no ill effect but could have reclocked and tapped the 4th hole for the screw.

The bolt pattern itself was identical on all of them.

Kevin

Maybe it’s an Imperial thing but that is a ‘64 Imperial regulator.
The top two pictures the upper motor is the early one well the bottom would have been 67 in later. The big rubber grommet on the skinny early one makes it work in the bracket shown on that 64 regulator with the bigger diameter early motor.
FCB3A6D4-0121-45B0-9609-752E62D0763B.jpeg
F5FEFF0D-5B25-4678-BC9D-35095A96D0F5.jpeg
75DCE517-D3B0-4B3A-BAF7-AF2FE6369558.jpeg
FD2EFBE5-36A9-4752-8FB3-18A076348E9E.jpeg

Maybe it’s an Imperial thing but that is a ‘64 Imperial regulator.
The top two pictures the upper motor is the early one well the bottom would have been 67 in later. The big rubber grommet on the skinny early one makes it work in the bracket shown on that 64 regulator with the bigger diameter early motor.
View attachment 275059 View attachment 275060 View attachment 275061 View attachment 275062

That very well could be an Imperial thing. All the motors I've seen for my '65 Chrysler had the middle bolt at 3 o'clock just like the pic in the opening post.

Back