1968 Fury III Convertible

got the tag today! I'm legal!!

I had to have the police out for a VIN check, because the first time I went to the DMV, the seller wasn't the owner of record). that went very smooth, because somehow the VIN came back with me being the owner of the vehicle. The police looked very confused, and I was like "beats me?". I got to the DMV today to pay my tag transfer fee, and the girl there looked at her screen, and said..."you already own the car"...ummm what?. 5 bucks later, and I transferred the tag from a sold car to the fury. I'm good to go.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have resurrected another car.

sjd

Good job!!! :thumbsup:

I had to have the police out for a VIN check, because the first time I went to the DMV, the seller wasn't the owner of record). that went very smooth, because somehow the VIN came back with me being the owner of the vehicle. The police looked very confused, and I was like "beats me?". I got to the DMV today to pay my tag transfer fee, and the girl there looked at her screen, and said..."you already own the car"...ummm what?. 5 bucks later, and I transferred the tag from a sold car to the fury. I'm good to go.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have resurrected another car.

sjd

I'd like to know how that happened...

I'd like to know how that happened...

how the seller wasn't the owner of record?? Easy.....or how it was in my name?

Dr. Bob sold the car because it was stored improperly. The next owner didn't do anything with it, so he never put it in his name, and it got passed and passed, and passed to a guy who was going to pull the bigblock for his mopar collection and scrap the rest, then the guy I got it from got it, but never put it in his name either... so then I get it...

I'd already been to the DMV once...that's when they told me I needed to do the T-22 form/VIN check. maybe she clicked enter instead of cancel...who knows... Basically, i'd applied for the tag, and they got all my information in the system, somehow it went through... Maybe it was a gift because i'm incredibly good looking (LOL!!). should have asked the window girl to dinner...she wasn't unattractive...

sjd

I'd already been to the DMV once...that's when they told me I needed to do the T-22 form/VIN check. maybe she clicked enter instead of cancel...who knows... Basically, i'd applied for the tag, and they got all my information in the system, somehow it went through... Maybe it was a gift because i'm incredibly good looking (LOL!!). should have asked the window girl to dinner...she wasn't unattractive...

sjd

There it is.... thank you

on the yang side of my ying yesterday.... rockauto sent the wrong gastank.... the labels on the outside of the box said Chrysler...EXCEPT for the manufacturer label...which said GM....DOH!!!

customer service has been good so far....

sjd

I got the new tank, it's in, cleaning the solid line out was a chore. brake cleaner, a vac pump and a fuel flush left everything in pretty good shape. I added a pre-filter before the pump to get any other stuff that dislodged. I'm fearful that i'll be replacing the front half of solid line as there was a pinhole near the junction under the car that left me with a fairly large fuel spill. If there's one, I worry there will be another, especially since that bit of line is inside the frame rail.

Decision time is coming, the gtx is coming home soon.

sjd

Maiden voyage around the neighborhood complete! time to hit the gas station!

the only thing weird is rolling into the throttle very slow...it'll sputter and die, until it's warmed up...so I just don't do that. Maybe it's a timing thing?, as the timing that's in there is "approximate" at best. Maybe I need a refresher on setting the timing...it's just got the timing plate with no marks and the hole in it.

There's no smoke, the only thing is that slow throttle hesitation (stall when cold....not enough gas?) idle screws are 2 or 2 1/2 turns from seated.

sjd

Back