1968 GOLD Chrysler New Yorker heater motor removal

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
Hi, I've determined that a certain furry friend decide to make portions of both my heater box and heater motor a home. I've checked the FSM, nothing. I've taken the sets of 3 bolts and 3 screws out. Question is How do I remove the motor from the engine compartment. I'm not looking to drop the heater box from inside if I don't have to. ANY help and comments will be appreciated

DSC07359.JPG

DSC07440.JPG

DSC07441.JPG

DSC07442.JPG

STOP!

The three nuts you took off the posts that face the front of the car put them back on.

There are three small sheet metal screws around the circumference of the motor. 1/4" head if I remember correctly. Take them out. It is an extremely tight friction fit. Now use a large flat screw driver going down along the firewall stand it on edge and wiggle it to get the motor to start coming off. It fits so tight that there really is no need to have the little sheet metal screws.

Sir, Thank-you, That's the info I needed. I just didn't want to pry and break something. 2 of the 1/4 screws came out nice, the 3rd one near the engine is /was a little bugger, Not sure I'll put that one back in

Sir, Thank-you, That's the info I needed. I just didn't want to pry and break something. 2 of the 1/4 screws came out nice, the 3rd one near the engine is /was a little bugger, Not sure I'll put that one back in
Us 4 door guys have no equal LOL

SUCCESS , I was able to get the motor off with some prying as suggested. As the pix shows, the motor and entire cavity were packed. Thanks for the helpful suggestion.

DSC07443.JPG

DSC07444.JPG

DSC07447.JPG

I dabbed a little silicone on the rim and slid right on. started the car and got heat and all 3 position of the fan worked. How lucky can you get.

Been here, done this. All I can tell you is to make sure you got all of the nest out of the bottom of the cowl. I can recall sticking the vacuum cleaner down there. It had been there so long it rotted a hole in the bottom of the cowl. Had it patched years ago, and all is well.

Back