1968 newport convertible

Danjaden

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum
i have a 68 newport convertible,
looking for people to share my restoration stories and possibly help with rare parts

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello and welcome from Germany.

Beautiful car! You will find the people you are searching for around here! We love restauration threads with lots of pics!

Welcome to the board...... I presume you just bought it.....?

Is the body moldings standard on that model or is that a restored car without the woodgrain option reapplied?

Welcome. I also have a 1968 Newport convertible that I am working on. I also have a 68 Newport fastback that I have been using for sheet metal.

Yes his is a woodgrain version that was not applied at e repaint 20 years ago
im not sure if I will put it on either but I love the trim package. This is new to me but I had the same car in my early 20's, was totaled in a broad side accident.
I am very lucky to have found another one of only 175 produced.

Glad to hear it, I really like this body and have never see another one on the road
any idea where to get the grill emblem

Yes his is a woodgrain version that was not applied at e repaint 20 years ago
im not sure if I will put it on either but I love the trim package. This is new to me but I had the same car in my early 20's, was totaled in a broad side accident.
I am very lucky to have found another one of only 175 produced.
You are indeed lucky to have one of these. I do hope you seriously consider putting on the woodgrain. All that trim looks very lonely.

Posted via Topify on Android

That trim is what makes it very Special. I vote for re-application as well. ;)

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car, love it!

My vote for wood trim also.
http://www.bradsnosparts.com/
This guy sell new and used Chrysler parts. I'm sure he will have the grill emblem.
1. I, and many others, have stopped buying from them altogether unless they got their tits in a vise. Greed and fraud has overtaken them in the last few years. They used to be good. Now they are bad.
2. RE: The Di-noc wood grain. It's available new in a wide variety of wood grains from 3M distributers.

1. I, and many others, have stopped buying from them altogether unless they got their tits in a vise. Greed and fraud has overtaken them in the last few years. They used to be good. Now they are bad.
2. RE: The Di-noc wood grain. It's available new in a wide variety of wood grains from 3M distributers.

Not my first choice either. Just giving an option. Bulldog might still have that emblem.
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...g-out-a-68-Newport-fastback&highlight=newport

Parts%20car%20014.jpg

Parts%20car%20014.jpg

Back