1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

im happy to announce:
that:
my car:
PASSED
inspection yesterday.

its not the total interior/exterior restoration i was dreaming about, but the reality of dollars took over. i got it road worthy at least. when you push the right pedal it goes and when you push the left pedal it stops. it doesnt leak its bodily fluids all over my driveway anymore. one try starting. smooooth idle 650rpm. has as much power as possible out of a 45 year old low compression motor. its not quick off the line, but i think it could rev down the highway forever - does this thing even have a top end limit??!? im going WAAAY too fast by the time i get scared and get off the gas pedal, and it still has way more in there to give.

im happy to announce:
that:
my car:
PASSED
inspection yesterday.

when you push the right pedal it goes and when you push the left pedal it stops.

You always have to push the right pedal or it won't stop or go. :)

im happy to announce:
that:
my car:
PASSED
inspection yesterday.

its not the total interior/exterior restoration i was dreaming about, but the reality of dollars took over. i got it road worthy at least. when you push the right pedal it goes and when you push the left pedal it stops. it doesnt leak its bodily fluids all over my driveway anymore. one try starting. smooooth idle 650rpm. has as much power as possible out of a 45 year old low compression motor. its not quick off the line, but i think it could rev down the highway forever - does this thing even have a top end limit??!? im going WAAAY too fast by the time i get scared and get off the gas pedal, and it still has way more in there to give.

You're the one with 80/85 mph speed limits.......LOL!!!

im happy to announce:
that:
my car:
PASSED
inspection yesterday.

Glad to here your car passed inspection. I has to be a good feeling. We have no inspections in Ohio, which is probably kind of scary that we don't.

Cars plated "Historic" in Maryland don't require inspections or emission checks.

im happy to announce:
that:
my car:
PASSED
inspection yesterday.

Congratulations. Is there a historic class that needs no inspection in Texas?

Great news, congrats.

The only inspection in Ohio is when you register a car for the first time. All they do is check that the vin matches. That's it......

This is the what is inspected in the People's Republic of Maryland...unless you register it as a Historic Vehicle.

ve11ud.jpg

ya they do have antique / historic plates here in TX, but I registered it as a regular old car...
being a '68 - it doesn't go on the dyno, no exhaust fume check, etc., mostly a 'safety' inspection...
but stuffs gotta work. mostly. :)

ya they do have antique / historic plates here in TX, but I registered it as a regular old car...
being a '68 - it doesn't go on the dyno, no exhaust fume check, etc., mostly a 'safety' inspection...
but stuffs gotta work. mostly. :)

Got it! Jersey bumped everything off except the emissions test every two years on any car except new cars. The antique tagged cars have no inspection with a one time registration fee

We have red collectors plates for special events and test rides where I run all cars on with paying a low fixed insurance rate and tax no matter how many cars, they also need no tech inspection safety lies in your own responsibility.
Any of these collector's plates in US states ?

We have red collectors plates for special events and test rides where I run all cars on with paying a low fixed insurance rate and tax no matter how many cars, they also need no tech inspection safety lies in your own responsibility.
Any of these collector's plates in US states ?

All 50 states have different plates for collector cars.

We have them in TX, but yearly mileage is limited.

I bought a set of nice 1971 plates for my Charger, before I did the research. Once I found out about the limitations I tossed them on the shelf for future wall hangings. Besides, any car more than 25 years old only gets a basic safety inspection, lights, horn, wipers, etc... so I'm good to go.

Back