1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

This is the what is inspected in the People's Republic of Maryland...unless you register it as a Historic Vehicle.

ve11ud.jpg

for $75 I got a guy in Towson that can get these all passed should you ever need it. No way in hell I was retinting my cars when I lived there, so off record inspection, bam, no issues. There's always a way around it.

its under a plastic tarp so don't get all freaked out.

ill fix it as soon as I find someone I trust enough to take out the glass and do it.

Saylor--

Nice to see all this about your '68. I've got a black/black '68 Fast top 383-4v in Austin. Currently replacing gas tank, lines, radiator, bunch of other stuff that deteriorated while it sat for almost 20 years.

I haven't but I mostly see people with beers in hand on those courses so I might have to start...

20140228_165223.jpg still haven't done the front end stuff yet its all laying here on the floor lookin at me...
but damn it was so nice yesterday, so I got her out and drove up to the early voting place...
I need a Nixon bumper sticker...

20140228_165223.jpg

Awesome, congrats!

I just registered a set of those TX Hemisfair '68 plates on my PX23 last month!

68 rear w new plate.jpg

68 rear w new plate.jpg

allright todays episode: getting your *** kicked by torsion bar front ends, brought to you by saylor.

I have the upper arms and spindle off, the ball joint wasn't coming loose so I pulled it ***'y style. ill let the machine shop get it apart and put in the new hardware.

but ive ran into some questions.

how do I get the strut bar out?

and - turning one sides bolt for the torsion bar it came loose. the other side is spinning in the LCA somewhere.
whats up with that? I figured this is supposed to be one solid piece? does this mean the bar is broke?

exploded-front-end.jpg

exploded-front-end.jpg

Do you mean vintage plates in general or tx? If the latter I have an extra set of tx black 1968s brand new. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with them yet.

You need to remove the torsion bar. Look in the back of the rear cross-member and pull the clip. Use the torsion bar removal tool and hammer toward rear of car. Once out the lower control arm doesn't have any tension on it. The reason the bar spins while you loosen the nut is the lower control arm bushing is bad. Once bar is out put a pair of vise grips on the shaft that the nut is attached to and loosen. The strut bars are a pain to loosen with hand tools. Soak with penetrating oil Pb Blaster have somebody hold one side of the bar nut while you loosen the other. The front nut is the tightest.

sounds good. i got all the nuts and bolts loose everything is just sitting in there.
ill order a torsion bar remover tool today.

i think this is gonna make a huge difference in handling on this car.

oh ya , and ive had this ride 1 year now!

and ive quit smoking for 1 year now. after 29 years of marlboro reds and swisher sweets.

w00t me!

e cigs ftw!

Back